Dreaming of your next vacation? A travel credit card can help you get there. It's time to start crossing destinations off your bucket list and start earning travel rewards.
With the right travel credit card, you can earn points for airline tickets and hotel stays. You could also gain access to travel extras like airport lounge access, hotel upgrades, and free breakfasts.
Let's take a closer look at these top travel cards:
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
⭐️ Welcome offer: Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card features a simple and straightforward rewards program. With fixed rewards of 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, there’s no need to worry about spending in specific categories to maximize your rewards.
Take advantage of the Bank of America Travel Rewards card's introductory 0% APR on purchases and qualifying balance transfers for 18 billing cycles (then 17.74% - 27.74% (variable)). Consider using this card for large purchases or funding travel that you want to pay back over time.
Annual fee: $0
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
⭐️ Welcome offer: Earn 60,000 points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months - that's a $750 value!
There are a lot of reasons the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card credit card is considered one of the best travel cards available, but the current 60,000 points point sign-up bonus makes it a must-have for any traveler. That huge sign-up bonus is worth $750 when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Plus, you can turn all your spending into even more rewards that you can use for a much-needed vacation. Earn 5X points on Lyft rides and travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards; 3X points on eligible dining, select streaming services, and online grocery purchases; 2X points on travel; and 1X points per $1 on all other eligible purchases.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers other amazing ongoing benefits including complimentary insurance coverage like baggage delay insurance, trip cancellation insurance, trip interruption insurance, and primary auto rental collision damage waivers.
Annual fee: $95
Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card
⭐️ Welcome offer: Limited time offer. Earn 30,000 bonus points when you spend $1,500 in purchases in the first 3 months - that's a $300 cash redemption value. Offer expires 1/10/2023!
The Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card Rates and Fees is a flexible rewards card that offers cash rewards and travel redemptions. It also offers a generous welcome bonus and you can earn bonus points in multiple, everyday categories, including restaurants, travel, gas stations, transit, popular streaming services, and phone plans.
New cardholders can also receive 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from account opening, then 18.74%, 23.74%, or 28.74% variable APR.
Other valuable perks include cell phone protection, auto rental collision damage waiver, and no foreign transaction fees.
Annual fee: $0
American Express® Gold Card
⭐️ Welcome offer: Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you make $4,000 in purchases within the first 6 months of card membership.
The American Express® Gold Card, with a slew of perks and sleek metal design (available in rose gold for a limited time), is worth the hype, especially for foodies and travelers.
We’ve all got to eat, and if you love to dine out — or dine in — this card can offer excellent returns. With 4X points earned at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 per year, after that 1X) and restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., as well as a $120 dining credit (enrollment required), you can find great value in this card if you spend regularly in these areas.
Annual fee: $250
The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card is a great choice for travelers.
- Generous welcome bonus: New cardmembers can earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases of account opening.
- Introductory APR offer: Take advantage of the Bank of America Travel Rewards card's introductory 0% APR on purchases and qualifying balance transfers for 18 billing cycles (then 17.74% - 27.74% (variable) APR).
- Visa Signature perks: The Bank of America Travel Rewards card is part of the Visa Signature card collection. This means it could offer valuable benefits such as concierge service or roadside dispatch.
- Annual fee: There’s a $0 annual fee with the Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card.
- Credit score access: You can opt-in to receive your FICO Score every month for free. Access your credit score through your account online or through the Bank of America mobile banking app.
Great travel rewards with no annual fee
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- New longer intro period! 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 17.74% - 27.74% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee (min $10) applies to all balance transfers.
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
0% intro APR for 18 billing cycles on purchases and qualifying balance transfers, then 17.74% - 27.74% (variable)
Why we like it
- Lucrative welcome offer
- Easy-to-earn points you can redeem for travel
- Competitive 0% intro APR for 18 billing cycles on purchases and qualifying balance transfers, then 17.74% - 27.74% (variable)
- $0 annual fee
- Apply Now