The Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card is a premium travel credit card with loads of travel benefits. This includes complimentary access to the Capital One, Priority Pass, and Plaza Premium airport lounge networks. But you don't receive dining credit at participating Priority Pass restaurants.
In most cases, the Capital One Venture X lounge access is complimentary for you and up to two guests. Let’s explore how you can use Capital One Venture X lounge access.
Lounges you can access with Capital One Venture X
The Capital One Venture X credit card offers many travel perks, including access to three airport lounge networks.
Explore the full benefits of this card in our Capital One Venture X review.
|Capital One Lounge||Priority Pass||Plaza Premium Lounge|
|Cardholder access||Unlimited complimentary access||Unlimited complimentary access (enrollment required)||Unlimited complimentary access|
|Guest access||2 complimentary guests per visit||Complimentary guest access (Lounge-specific guest number limits may apply)||2 complimentary guests per visit|
|Number of lounges||1||1,300+||100+|
Capital One Lounge
Capital One operates Capital One Lounges and welcomes all travelers with a boarding pass within three hours at a standard rate of $65 per visit.
However, having one of these Capital One credit cards helps you avoid the entrance fee:
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: Unlimited complimentary access for you and two guests per visit.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: Two complimentary visits per year. You can use one visit for a guest.
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business: Two complimentary visits per year. You can use one visit for a guest.
Capital One Lounges are full of amenities, including comfortable seating and space to spread out.
You can also eat and drink thanks to the following amenities:
- Grab-and-go food
- Dining stations
- Stocked bars
- Coffee bars
Working or relaxing at the Capital One Lounges is easy with these amenities:
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Work areas
- Relaxation rooms
- Family areas
You can also use your time in a Capital One Lounge to stay active, freshen up, or pray with these amenities:
- Cycling (Peloton) and yoga rooms
- Luggage lockers
- Shower suites
- Parents’ rooms
- Multi-faith rooms
There’s currently one Capital One Lounge located in Dallas/Fort-Worth International Airport (DFW) with two more set to open in 2023 — one in Denver International Airport (DEN) and another in Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Priority Pass is a popular airport lounge, restaurant, and experience network that offers access to over 1,300 lounges worldwide. You typically need a same-day boarding pass and your Priority Pass membership card (or digital membership card if applicable) to access a Priority Pass lounge.
Capital One Venture X cardmembers receive unlimited complimentary access to Priority Pass lounges. Venture X cardholders can also bring their guests to all participating Priority Pass locations. Keep in mind that some Priority Pass locations may have certain guest number limitations in place.
To access the Priority Pass lounges, you must first enroll for a membership on the Capital One Priority Pass page. It may take up to two weeks after enrollment to receive access.
Available amenities in the Priority Pass lounges vary but often include:
Many of the best travel credit cards offer a complimentary Priority Pass membership. Some cards also give you a Priority Pass membership that includes credit at Priority Pass restaurants, but the Capital One Venture X doesn't provide this benefit.
More than 150 U.S.-based lounges, restaurants, and experiences are among the 1,300+ Priority Pass worldwide locations. You can also access over 370 locations in Europe, over 150 locations in Latin America, and over 440 in the Asia Pacific region.
Plaza Premium Lounge
Plaza Premium is an airport lounge network with over 100 worldwide locations. Capital One Venture X cardholders receive unlimited complimentary access. Cardholders can also bring up to two guests per visit to Plaza Premium lounges.
This is a helpful benefit since it increases the number of available lounges Venture X cardholders can access. Many Priority Pass lounges get crowded at certain times of the day, but having this additional access gives you other lounge options away from the crowds.
Common Plaza Premium amenities include:
There are six Plaza Premium Lounges available in the U.S., 13 in Europe, 16 in Latin America, and 19 in the Asia Pacific region.
Sharing Capital One Venture X lounge access
Capital One Venture X lounge access helps you and your guests get into different airport lounges for free. This benefit also extends to your authorized users.
Sharing access with your additional guests
Having airport lounge access by itself is useful, but what if you’re traveling with friends, family, or co-workers? Do you head into the lounge to enjoy it by yourself and leave the rest of your party to fend for themselves?
Not with the Capital One Venture X credit card. Capital One Venture X offers unlimited complimentary access to Capital One and Plaza Premium lounges for you and up to two guests per visit. You also get free and unlimited access to Priority Pass lounges, though the guest policy depends on the specific lounge (but it’s often up to two guests per visit).
The free guest access is incredibly valuable. It typically costs $65 per person to enter a Capital One Lounge, so that’s at least $195 saved per a single visit for you and two guests. This pricing varies by the lounge network in question, but you get the picture.
Sharing access with your authorized users
What if you have authorized users, do they receive lounge access as well? Yes, the Venture X card allows up to four authorized users for free. Authorized users receive the same lounge access as the primary cardholder, including:
- Airport lounge access, including to Priority Pass, Plaza Premium, and Capital One Lounges
- Hertz President’s Circle elite status
- Visa Infinite purchase and travel protections
These are some valuable benefits. For example, a family of two parents and four kids can all have free access to applicable airport lounges with a single Venture X credit card. Here’s how:
- The first parent opens a Venture X credit card. Their card gives them and two guests access to airport lounges.
- The first parent then adds the second parent as an authorized user on their Venture X. This gives the second parent their own lounge access and they can also bring in two guests for free.
That’s a total of six people getting into an airport lounge with only one of them having actually applied for and opened a Venture X credit card. You can get up to 12 people into an airport lounge for free if you take advantage of adding four authorized users to your card.
NoteVenture X authorized users don’t receive their own $300 travel credit, TSA PreCheck or Global Entry fee reimbursement, or 10,000 account anniversary miles.
About Capital One Venture X
Capital One Venture X is a premium travel credit card that comes with many benefits. Here are some quick facts about this credit card:
|Early spend bonus||Rewards rate||Annual fee|
|Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card||Earn 75,000 miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening — equal to $750 toward travel||2 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day; 10 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, and 5 miles per dollar on flights booked through Capital One Travel||$395|
The Capital One Venture X credit card has a high $395 annual fee, but this is common on premium credit cards because of the benefits they offer. Venture X benefits include:
- Airport lounge access: Receive unlimited complimentary access to Capital One, Priority Pass, and Plaza Premium lounges.
- $300 annual travel credit: Get $300 in statement credits for eligible travel purchases and bookings through the Capital One Travel portal, including flights, hotel stays, and rental cars.
- 10,000 miles anniversary bonus: Earn 10,000 miles valued at $100 toward travel every cardholder year. These points can be used on the Capital One portal or transferred to transfer partners, among several other redemption options.
- TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credit: Receive up to $100 statement credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fee once every four years.
- Hertz President’s Circle status: Gain complimentary Hertz President’s Circle elite status that provides benefits such as guaranteed vehicle upgrades and the widest selection of vehicles.
- Capital One Entertainment: Get exclusive access to pre-sales and tickets to music, sports, and dining events.
- No foreign transaction fees: Avoid foreign transaction fees when using your card abroad.
- Cell phone protection: Have up to $800 in cell phone protection against damage or theft of an eligible cell phone.
- Visa Infinite benefits: Enjoy many Visa Infinite benefits such as trip cancellation and interruption insurance, trip delay reimbursement, auto rental collision damage waiver, purchase protection, and extended warranty protection.
- Authorized users: Add up to four authorized users to your account for no fee. Authorized users receive some of the same benefits as you, including airport lounge access and Hertz President’s Circle elite status.
Capital One Venture X lounge access FAQs
How do you access Priority Pass with Capital One Venture X?
You can access Priority Pass with Capital One Venture X by visiting the Capital One Priority Pass page to enroll in this benefit. By enrolling and receiving the complimentary Priority Pass membership, you get free and unlimited access to over 1,300 Priority Pass lounges and experiences worldwide.
How many Capital One Lounges are there?
There’s currently one Capital One Lounge at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). It’s located by gate D22 in terminal D. Two more Capital One Lounges are slated to open in 2023 at Denver International Airport (DEN) and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Can I access Plaza Premium Lounges with Capital One?
Yes, you can access Plaza Premium Lounges with certain Capital One credit cards. The following cards give you access:
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: Unlimited complimentary access for you and two guests.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: Two complimentary visits per year. One of your visits can be used to bring in a guest for free.
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business: Two complimentary visits per year. One of your visits can be used to bring in a guest for free.
The Capital One Venture X credit card offers access to Capital One, Plaza Premium, and Priority Pass lounge networks.
However, Capital One Venture X may not make sense for everyone, including if you want Priority Pass restaurant credit. Find out our recommended picks in our dedicated page to compare credit cards if you prefer a different credit card issuer or want to earn cash back rather than travel rewards.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 17.74% - 27.74% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee applies to all balance transfers.
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
on Bank of America’s secure websiteRead Card Review
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it