With summer here, you may be thinking about vacations in sunny locations or having fun at a resort. But have you considered taking advantage of one of the best Costco shopping hacks and booking a vacation through the warehouse club?
You can get great deals on vacation packages through Costco. So, pull out your suitcase and check Costco’s travel department for these fantastic adventures.
Walt Disney World (USA)
Want to add a little pixie dust to your next vacation? Check out a trip to Walt Disney World via Costco. The warehouse retailer offers several packages to the Magic Kingdom and its nearby attractions.
If you would like to stay on site, Costco offers several of Disney’s hotels at different price points, from the most affordable to the most deluxe. Or if you would prefer to stay at an off-site resort with close access to the parks, check out different options offered by hotel chains, including Marriott, Sheraton, or Hilton.
If you’re looking for a Disney experience on the West Coast instead, Costco has you covered. As with Walt Disney World, Costco’s travel department gives you options for both staying on-site at Disneyland or booking off-site if you would prefer.
Booking with your membership card may also get you a Disney gift card and discounts at shops in the Downtown Disney District.
Universal Orlando Resort (USA)
Not everyone is a Disney fan, but not to worry: Costco still has another option. Check out some of the different hotel options near Universal Orlando Resort. You will find hotels at different price ranges to fit your budget.
Packages might include perks like early park admission, express passes, or other special savings just for Costco members. Then, enjoy all the themed rides and foods at Universal Orlando, including those focused on your favorite characters from Harry Potter, Transformers, "The Simpsons," and more.
A smart money move might be to book an all-inclusive vacation to help you save on amenities and dining options while on vacation. Start out with a family-friendly retreat in the Dominican Republic.
Barcelo Bavaro Palace, an all-inclusive resort, is perfect for families who want a little fun in the water. It has four pools and beach access, depending on your mood on each day of your vacation. Then, spend the evening at one of 11 restaurants included in your package.
Costco offers a kids-friendly option in Cancun if you need to take some time off as a family. The retailer’s Beach Palace package is all-inclusive with unlimited food and wine at on-site restaurants and bars.
Now for the family-friendly part: It also includes a kids club where the children can frolic while you have some time to yourself at the hotel’s spa or take in a local golf course. Best of all, kids stay free.
Book a vacation at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa through Costco and you could get a Costco Shop Card, which might be perfect for picking up swimwear or books to use on the beach.
The all-inclusive resort also has a water park with slides and a kids club. That frees you up to enjoy other activities while the kiddos play.
Need a kids-free option to relax for a few days? Book a stay at Secrets Papagayo with your Costco membership. The all-inclusive adults-only resort includes four gourmet à la carte restaurants.
The resort also has swimming pools, beach access, and a spa to help you unwind. And like other packages on this list, you may qualify for a Costco Shop Card by booking with the retailer.
In addition to theme parks and all-inclusive resorts, try Adventures by Disney’s cruise of the Seine River in France.
The Costco package includes seven nights aboard a river cruise with meals and guides for trips to places like Normandy, exotic French castles, or seeing areas that inspired artist Vincent Van Gogh.
The trip might also include a Shop Card of up to $2,000 if you decide to book through Costco.
If you want to try something a little more exotic, head to Le Bora Bora by Pearl Resorts in Tahiti. The resort includes bungalows on stilts over the water.
Start off your vacation right with a lei welcoming and then enjoy several of the restaurants and bars on the property.
Caribbean and Bahamas
Take a cruise with Costco: If you want a cruise that takes a traditional Caribbean route, Costco has the perfect option for you.
The ship goes to ports such as Key West and Cozumel during a seven-night outing. Booking through Costco may not only get you a good deal but also a Costco Shop Card.
India, Sri Lanka, and Thailand
Want something a little different than your typical Caribbean cruise? Get on a ship in Asia and travel the Indian Ocean. Starting in Dubai, the nearly two-week cruise sails to ports including Mumbai and Phuket before ending the trip in Singapore.
Head out west to Arizona and the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa. The resort includes bars and restaurants, pools, spas, and easy access to golf courses.
If you book through Costco, you can also get a daily $50 resort credit per room. So, enjoy the warm weather and cool water, knowing you also have a resort credit thanks to using your Costco membership.
Las Vegas, Nevada
There are also options for travelers who just want to book a hotel to get away for a bit. For example, Costco can get you a discount room rate for the Bellagio on the Las Vegas strip.
Enjoy the hotel’s famous fountain, eat at its extensive buffet, or relax at the pool or spa. Or you can stay at The Cosmopolitan with a package that includes a $75 food and beverage credit.
Booking through Costco can save you money on your next vacation. You might even compound those savings if you get out one of the best travel credit cards when you spend during your travels.
And with Costco, you may be surprised at the extra deals you can get as you pack your bags for your next adventure.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 18.24% - 28.24% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee applies to all balance transfers.
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it