Radisson is a popular hotel group, similar to companies like Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott. Overall, Radisson has more than 1,200 hotels in locations around the world, with a variety of brands to choose from to suit your style. It’s not a small hotel chain by any means and there are plenty of opportunities to earn and redeem points within the Radisson Rewards program.
Radisson Rewards is the loyalty program for Radisson hotels. A free membership can help you earn enough points to stay at hotels for free, which is often the ultimate reward for any loyalty program member. In this guide, you’ll learn how the Radisson Rewards program works, what the benefits of the program are, and how to earn and redeem your Radisson Rewards points.
- What is the Radisson Rewards program?
- What are the Radisson Rewards program tiers?
- How to earn Radisson Rewards program points
- How to redeem Radisson Rewards points
- How to sign up for the Radisson Rewards program
- FAQs about the Radisson Rewards program
- The bottom line on the Radisson Rewards program
What is the Radisson Rewards program?
Radisson Rewards is a free loyalty program that anyone can join if they want to earn rewards and benefits from their eligible Radisson hotel stays. The Radisson hotel portfolio consists of eight distinct hotel brands, ranging from standard economy lodging to high-end luxury hotels. With more than 1,200 properties to choose from in North America, Central America, South America, Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, it’s easy to find a Radisson hotel while traveling.
Because it’s free to join Radisson Rewards, it makes sense to sign up for a membership if you ever plan on staying at a Radisson hotel. As you complete eligible hotel stays, you’ll earn rewards that can be used toward award nights at Radisson properties. So the more rewards you earn, the more free nights you can rack up for future trips.
As you continue to earn rewards, you’ll also work toward earning Radisson Rewards elite status. These elite program tiers are available only to Radisson Rewards members who complete eligible nights or stays at Radisson hotels. When you have enough eligible nights or stays, you’ll automatically qualify for elite status and receive all the benefits associated with the specific tier you’ve earned.
If you already stay at Radisson hotels or plan on staying at Radisson properties in the future, be sure to create your free Radisson membership to start earning valuable rewards and benefits. You may be able to earn free award nights or receive great benefits such as complimentary room upgrades or free breakfast.
What are the Radisson Rewards program tiers?
Signing up for a Radisson Rewards membership will automatically qualify you for the Club tier within Radisson’s loyalty program. Because you’ll immediately receive benefits at the Club tier for your free membership, it’s more than worth it to sign up.
Club benefits include:
- Receive members-only rate: Receive up to a 10% discount when you book Radisson stays through the website or mobile app.
- Earn 20 points per $1 spent on eligible stays: You’ll receive this same rate on food and beverage purchases charged to your room during an eligible stay.
- Receive a 5% food and beverage discount: Receive a 5% discount on food and beverage purchases at participating hotel restaurants.
- Redeem points for free award nights: Members can redeem Radisson Rewards points for free award nights, starting at 9,000 points for a standard room.
- Redeem points for partner offers: Members can redeem Radisson Rewards points for partner offers, including airline miles, gift cards, and prepaid cards.
- Use Points + Cash for award nights: Use the Points + Cash option to redeem Radisson Rewards points and some money for award nights. This option starts at 5,000 points.
- Earn points with Radisson Rewards for Business: Earn 5 points per $1 on meetings and events booked through the Radisson Rewards for Business program.
- Receive complimentary bottles of water: Receive two complimentary bottles of water with every Radisson hotel stay.
- Award nights count toward elite status: Points + Cash and free award night stays count toward earning your next elite status.
The Silver tier is the first elite status within Radisson Rewards that requires you to stay at Radisson properties to qualify. To achieve Silver status, you’ll need nine eligible nights or six eligible stays at Radisson hotels.
Silver benefits include:
- All Club benefits: Automatically receive all Club benefits as a Silver member.
- Earn 22 points per $1 spent on eligible stays: Earn 22 points per $1 spent when you book an eligible Radisson hotel stay. You’ll receive this same rate on food and beverage purchases charged to your room during an eligible stay.
- 10% food and beverage discount: Receive a 10% discount on food and beverage purchases at participating hotel restaurants.
- Receive rollover nights toward elite status: Any eligible nights or stays earned in excess of those required to earn your current elite status are applied to maintaining or earning elite status the following year.
- Complimentary room upgrade: Receive a complimentary room upgrade at check-in when available on eligible stays.
- Early check-in or late checkout available upon request: Receive early check-in or late checkout when available and requested during an eligible stay.
To achieve Gold status, you’ll need 30 eligible nights or 20 eligible stays at Radisson hotels. Many of the best hotel credit cards provide benefits to help you achieve elite status quicker or automatically.
Gold benefits include:
- All Silver benefits: Automatically receive all Silver benefits as a Gold member.
- Earn 25 points per $1 spent on eligible stays: Earn 25 points per $1 spent when you book an eligible Radisson hotel stay. You’ll receive this same rate on food and beverage purchases charged to your room during an eligible stay.
- 15% food and beverage discount: Receive a 15% discount on food and beverage purchases at participating hotel restaurants.
- Receive an in-room welcome gift: Receive an in-room welcome gift on eligible stays at Radisson properties.
- 72-hour room availability guarantee: Your room is guaranteed on eligible stays when you call the Elite Member Services line at least 72 hours prior to your planned reservation date.
As the highest elite status within the Radisson Rewards program, Platinum status requires a lot more effort to achieve than lower program tiers. However, the lucrative benefits could be well worth the effort you need to put in. To achieve Platinum status, you’ll need 60 eligible nights or 30 eligible stays at Radisson hotels.
Platinum benefits include:
- All Gold benefits: Automatically receive all Gold benefits as a Platinum member.
- Earn 35 points per $1 spent on eligible stays: Earn 35 points per $1 spent when you book an eligible Radisson hotel stay. You’ll receive this same rate on food and beverage purchases charged to your room during an eligible stay.
- 20% food and beverage discount: Receive a 20% discount on food and beverage purchases at participating hotel restaurants.
- 48-hour room availability guarantee: Your room is guaranteed on eligible stays when you call the Elite Member Services line at least 48 hours prior to your planned reservation date.
- Free breakfast at participating hotel restaurants: Enjoy a complimentary breakfast during an eligible stay at participating hotel restaurants. One continental breakfast is available per Platinum member per night in North America. One buffet breakfast is available per Platinum member per night in Latin America and Asia Pacific. Two breakfasts are available per Platinum member per night in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- 24/7 access to the Platinum Member Services line: Access the Platinum Member Services line whenever you need assistance with any questions about your account or general travel needs.
How to earn Radisson Rewards program points
One of the easiest ways to earn Radisson Rewards program points is to stay at Radisson properties as a Radisson Rewards member. However, it’s also possible to earn Radisson Rewards points in other ways, which opens up the opportunities you have to earn points toward free award nights.
Here are the different ways you can earn Radisson Rewards program points:
1. Staying at Radisson properties
When you pay for a stay at a Radisson property as a Radisson Rewards member, you’ll earn rewards points for that stay. If you charge eligible purchases, such as food and beverage expenses, to your room during the stay, you’ll also earn points for those purchases. For frequent travelers, staying at Radisson properties may make the most sense if you want to both earn points and achieve elite status within the Radisson Rewards program.
2. Credit cards
If you compare credit cards, it’s easy to see how the best travel credit cards can help you travel more efficiently while spending less money. Travel cards typically provide ways to earn points or miles without the need to change your spending habits. Use these cards to make your normal purchases and then leverage the rewards you earn to get free hotel stays, flights, and more.
Radisson co-branded credit cards used to provide a unique opportunity to earn Radisson Rewards points even when you weren’t staying at Radisson hotels. But the Radisson Rewards credit cards have been discontinued.
For an alternative credit card that could help you earn and redeem rewards at Radisson hotels, consider the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card. The Capital One Venture Rewards offers 2 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day and 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
Even better, you can redeem miles toward past travel purchases. So you can pay for a Radisson hotel stay, earn miles for the purchase, and then redeem your Capital One miles as a statement credit toward that purchase. Learn more in our Capital One Venture Rewards Card review.
If you’re traveling through Europe or China, be sure to visit a Bicester Village outlet mall to satisfy your shopping needs. You can receive up to 60% off the recommended retail price at the included shops, like TAG Heuer, Montblanc, Bally, and more. You can also earn 10 points for every euro or pound you spend and 10 points for every 10 yuan you spend.
4. Car rentals
If you rent a car with Alamo, you can earn 300 Radisson Rewards points per rental day on every qualifying rental. You can also save money on the rental itself and receive free upgrades.
5. Meetings and events
If you’re a travel agent, meeting or event planner, or in charge of booking hotel rooms for business colleagues, you can earn Radisson Rewards points through the Radisson Rewards for Business program. This program makes it easy to earn bonus points on something you were already planning on doing, which means more rewards for you.
6. Purchasing points
Although it’s not typically advisable to purchase points because of the low value you get from the transaction, it can sometimes work in your favor. If you need a small number of points quickly, it may be worth it to purchase the points so you can have access to them immediately. Or if there’s a good promotion going on for purchasing points, you may be able to get a decent deal on them.
Radisson partners with many other companies to offer its Radisson Rewards members the opportunity to earn points doing a variety of things. For example, Radisson partners with FTD so you can earn points while sending fresh flowers and gifts to your loved ones. You can also earn points from Vinesse Wines by ordering great wines that arrive right at your doorstep.
How to redeem Radisson Rewards points
The Radisson Rewards program provides its members with a variety of ways to redeem their points. In general, the best and most common way to redeem points is by booking award nights. Award nights start at 9,000 points, or 5,000 points when doing Points + Cash. There are no blackout dates for free award nights on standard rooms. If you want to know how many points equal a hotel stay, here’s the full Radisson Rewards award night redemption chart:
To redeem your points for an award night with Radisson, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Radisson website and log into your Radisson Rewards account. Then, click on the “Redeem” button on the main page.
2. This will bring up the different Radisson Rewards award night charts. Click on the “Redeem Now” button.
3. Now, choose your destination, dates, rooms, and number of guests. Then click on the “Show Rates” button.
4. You’ll see a list of available hotels to choose from and how many points you’ll need for a stay. Choose from the available hotels and click the “See Rooms” button.
5. Go through the list of rooms and click on the points option for your preferred room. Then finish your booking for the hotel and room rate you’ve selected. If you don’t have the required number of points available for your selections, you won’t be able to finish the booking.
If you’d rather redeem your points for something other than an award night, Radisson also provides these other options:
- Charitable donations: Donate your points to charitable organizations like SOS Children’s Villages, American Red Cross, and First Climate AG.
- Airline miles: Transfer your points to specific airlines like Scandinavian Airlines so your points can be used toward free flights.
- Gift cards: Redeem your points for gift cards from many popular retailers.
- Prepaid cards: Redeem your points for a Prepaid Visa or Mastercard.
- Priority Pass: Redeem 125,000 points for a Priority Pass Standard Plus Membership that provides 10 free visits to Priority Pass lounges for a year.
- Express awards: Redeem your points for enhanced experiences during your hotel stay. Enjoy room upgrades, in-hotel food and beverages, spa treatments, and more.
How to sign up for the Radisson Rewards program
It’s easy and straightforward to sign up for the Radisson Rewards program and start earning points. Follow these simple steps to get started.
1. Head to the Radisson hotels website and click on either the “Become a member” or “Join” buttons.
2. Fill out your personal information and create a password for your account. Then click the “Join Now” button and you’re all set with your Radisson Rewards account.
FAQs about the Radisson Rewards program
What are Radisson points worth?
Radisson Rewards points are worth about 0.4 cents per point. So if you had 50,000 Radisson Rewards points, they’d be worth about $200 (50,000 x 0.004 = 200).
Do Radisson Rewards expire?
Radisson Rewards points expire after 24 months of no points activity in your Radisson Rewards account. Points activity typically means earning or spending points, which shouldn’t be too difficult to accomplish in a 24-month period.
What brands are in the Radisson portfolio?
These brands are included in the Radisson Hotel Group portfolio:
- Radisson Collection
- Radisson BLU
- Radisson RED
- Park Plaza
- Park Inn by Radisson
- Country Inn & Suites
How many Radisson points do you need for a free night?
Radisson free night awards start at 9,000 points per night for a standard room and go all the way up to 105,000 points per night for a premium room. The amount of points you need for a free award night depends on the hotel category and room type.
Can you buy Radisson Rewards points?
Yes, you can buy Radisson Rewards points if you need to. Purchasing points doesn’t always offer you the best value for your money, but it can be done if there’s a good promotion happening or you need only a small number of points for a specific redemption.
The bottom line on the Radisson Rewards program
With plenty of hotels to choose from within the eight brands of the Radisson portfolio, it’s never been more rewarding to be a Radisson Rewards program member. With a free membership, you automatically get Club elite status and can earn and redeem Radisson Rewards points. This includes redeeming points for free award nights at Radisson hotels around the world.
For even more benefits, achieve a higher elite status and really boost your Radisson hotel experiences. Because Radisson has a global footprint with its hotels, it’s not hard to find Radisson properties wherever you travel. Be sure to check out locations before your next trip and see whether the Radisson Rewards program would be a good fit for your travel style.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire as long as your account remains open.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the Intro APR offer ends, a Variable APR that’s currently 18.24% - 28.24% will apply. A 3% Intro balance transfer fee will apply for the first 60 days your account is open. After the Intro balance transfer fee offer ends, the fee for future balance transfers is 4%.
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards® member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it