- 40,000 Bonus Points (valued up to approx. $800) when you spend $2,000 in first 3 months
- Up to 10.4X Points on Hyatt purchases
- 2X Points on Airlines, Restaurants & Car Rentals
- 1X Points on everything else
- Credit Needed: Good, Excellent
- View Terms
Why We Like It
The Hyatt® Credit Card from Chase is an excellent hotel rewards card for Hyatt hotel enthusiasts and travelers.
With this card, earn 3X* World of Hyatt Points on purchases made at Hyatt properties, 2X Points on airfare purchased directly with airlines and at restaurants and car rental agencies, 1X Point on everything else.
Limited Time Bonus: you'll earn 40,000 bonus points when you sign up now and spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. These are valid at all Hyatt properties, even at Category 7 properties which could run anywhere from $600-1200 per night (depending on destination, day of week, and seasonality)!
Despite a $75 annual fee that isn't waived the first year, the value of this card easily outweighs the cost.
Also, earn 5,000 Bonus Miles when you add an authorized user ($0 fee) and they make a purchase the first 3 months as a cardmember. Based on our valuation, Hyatt points are valued at up to 2 cents per point, so the authorized user bonus could be worth up to $100. Redeem points for free nights starting at just 5,000 points.
40,000 bonus points (up to approx. $800 in value) when you spend $2,000 on purchases within first 3 months of account opening
Earn 5,000 points (up to $100 value) when you add an authorized user and they make a purchase within the first 3 months as a cardmember.
We recommend you have Good to Excellent (690 - 850) credit before applying for this card.
Promotional bonuses are valid for first-time cardholders and those who haven't received a new bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
There is no limit to how many miles you could earn and points do not expire as long as your account is active.
World of Hyatt Program: (formerly known as Hyatt Gold Passport®) This new program launched in March 2017 with revamped status tiers and benefits. The primary cardholder only of the Hyatt Card receives complimentary "Discoverist" status.
Discoverist status comes with room upgrades, complimentary premium Wi-Fi, late check-out upon request, 10% Bonus Points on eligible Hyatt spend, waived resort fees on Free Night awards, complimentary premium Wi-Fi, and complimentary Pearl status with M life Rewards, the loyalty program for MGM Resorts International.
All members of the World of Hyatt program earn 5X points on purchases made at Hyatt properties. With Discoverist status you get a 10% point bonus on 5X points per dollar spent at Hyatt properties which brings the total rewards to 8.8X Points per dollar spent at Hyatt as Discoverist. Qualify for additional World of Hyatt tiers and you could get up to a 30% bonus, bringing the total rewards to 10.4X Points per dollar spent at Hyatt.
Additional benefits include:
- World of Hyatt Program: earn and redeem points at 600 hotels worldwide including Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara
- Earn 1 free night every year at any Category 1-4 Hyatt property (valued as high as $200/night)
- Price Protection: if you make a purchase and find a lower price advertised within 90 days, be reimbursed the difference
- Purchase Protection: cover purchases for 120 days against damage or theft
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Visa Signature Concierge: get help with requests like dinner reservations, or Broadway, music and sporting event tickets
- Delayed/Lost Luggage Reimbursement
|Foreign Transaction Fee||0%|
|Rewards Rate||Up to 10.4X Points per dollar|
|Rewards Rate Details||Points can be redeemed for free nights, room upgrades, dining, and even spa; you'll maximize redemption value by booking free nights|
|Credit Needed||Good, Excellent|
Thoughts from Actual Users
"Holy moly the earning power for money spent at Hyatt properties is unbelievable. LIke most hotel cards you get more value per point than a generic rewards card and Hyatt Card is definitely one of the best hotel rewards cards on the market." Seth G. of Columbus, OH
"I was able to use this card on both my wedding and honeymoon in the US and Mexico! Love Hyatt properties, they are underrated compared to SPG but often with better service and amenities. This card rocks!" Kate D. of Miami, FL
"100% the best hotel rewards card. Annual fee isn't waived first year but the 40,000 points and anything else you earn can be used for luxury properties anywhere like Japan, Aspen, Maldives and more. Getting the card was worth it for just the signup promo alone." Dan W. of Brookline, MA