When many of us look at credit card products, we mostly consider a card's rewards program. But what about other perks? With some of the best rewards credit cards, it’s possible to enjoy bonuses like exclusive access to VIP experiences.
Though all Chase credit cards offer access to a shopping portal, travel partners, and basic experiences, select cards give you the chance to experience true VIP treatment with offers like private dinners, premium sports and concert tickets, and more. Here’s what you need to know about Chase Experiences.
- What are Chase Experiences?
- What experiences you get with the Chase Sapphire Preferred
- What experiences you get with the Chase Sapphire Reserve
- How do you access Chase Experiences?
- What types of events are offered?
- Commonly asked questions about Chase Experiences
- Bottom line on Chase Experiences
What are Chase Experiences?
Chase Experiences allow you to receive special perks at various venues throughout the country. The perks you receive depend on the type of Chase credit card you have, as well as the venue. You might be able to choose from special experiences that you have to pay for — but others might not get to access — or you could get special invitations to events.
There are three levels:
- Select: Available to all Chase credit and debit cardmembers
- Preferred: Must have a Chase Sapphire Preferred card (or a Chase Ink Business Preferred card)
- Reserve: You must be a Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholder (or a J.P. Morgan Reserve cardmember)
For example, all Chase cardmembers (Select) have access to the Chase Lounge at Madison Square Garden in New York City, where they can get free food and soft drinks before select concerts at that venue. You can also get preferred seating at concerts offered through different sellers, like Ticketmaster, allowing you to see live events up close, no matter your cardmember status.
With the Chase Sapphire cards, however, you might be able to enjoy specific outings, like Chase Sapphire Ski, which offers special dates where you can get discounted lift passes and even enjoy celebrity ski meet-and-greets.
If you’re a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve cardholder, you get access to even more perks and experiences, including private dinners and tasting at exclusive restaurants, as well as VIP access at a variety of concerts and sporting events.
What experiences you get with the Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders have access to a big list of ever-changing experiences, including special events, entertainment, sports, cuisine, and other exclusive offers. Some of the opportunities in 2020 include grounds passes for the PGA Championship, steep discounts on lift tickets at Stratton Mountain, a VIP experience with Josh Groban, and dinners and demos with high-octane chefs such as Matt Baker and Brian Fisher.
The cost of these experiences varies. You can book them by paying with your card to earn bonus points or you can spend points to make your reservation.
What experiences you get with the Chase Sapphire Reserve
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers experiences that are similar to those accessed by Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders, but on a more VIP level. This card is firmly in the luxury category and the exclusive experiences you can access allow you to live the good life. Examples include special cardmember access to the Sundance Film Festival and private events that are part of the Chase Sapphire Private Dining Series.
Costs for these experiences run the gamut and you can either pay with your card or with your Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
How do you access Chase Experiences?
In order to access special VIP experiences, you must be a Chase customer with a Sapphire Preferred or Reserve card. Once you sign into your account via the Chase Experiences portal, you can see which events and experiences are available. Once that’s done, you can purchase your experience by following the directions given. You can only see what’s coming up if you sign into your account.
For other experiences, it depends on the service you’re using. With Ticketmaster, for instance, you can go to “Type” on the website and the drop-down menu will offer the “Chase Cardmember Preferred Seating” option. This is available as a Select perk, so any Chase cardmember can take advantage. Once you’ve selected that, you can see what seats are available and proceed with your purchase.
Pay special attention to the terms and conditions before you book your experience, however. There might be limits to the number of tickets you can book or the number of guests you can bring on an experience. Read the fine print to find out about the cancellation policy as well, since you might not be able to get your Chase Ultimate Rewards points or money back once you’ve committed to an experience.
What types of events are offered?
There are several different benefits available, depending on which program you belong to.
For all Chase cardmembers (Select), it’s possible to enjoy a variety of discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise at various venues around the country. The types of discounts you get depends on where you are. Some of the venues include:
- Madison Square Garden: Early access to ticket sales, food and beverage discounts when you pay with your Chase card, and merchandise voucher when you spend using your Chase card. You can also get special offers and access to events when you renew Knicks or Rangers season tickets.
- The Forum: In Los Angeles, you can get a food and beverage discount, as well as access to early ticket sales and use of the Chase Lounge.
- The Chicago Theatre: Also offers a food and non-alcoholic beverage discount of 30% when you use your Chase card, along with early access to purchase tickets and entry to the Chase Lounge.
- Chase Field: This Phoenix venue offers you the chance to get advance tickets, autopayment benefits for those who renew their Diamondbacks season tickets, and discounts at concessions stands as well as the Chase Field Team Shop.
- Toyota Stadium: Concession and merchandise specials when you pay with your Chase card at this Dallas venue.
- Amalie Arena: In Tampa, you can get advance ticket sales access, as well as discounts at certain concession providers and vouchers when you spend at the team store. Plus, there are season ticket renewal benefits.
- Golden State Warriors: Special discounts and access on select games, early sales, and special opportunities for those who renew season tickets.
Plus, if the venue has a Chase Lounge, you can register for special upcoming events and be notified of receptions where you can receive free food and drink ahead of a concert or game.
You can see the types of concerts and other events available with preferred seating by visiting the Chase Experiences portal. Concerts in Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles include performers like:
- John Mayer
- Jonas Brothers
- blink-182 & Lil Wayne
- Queen + Adam Lambert
- Gladys Knight
You can get better seats that are closer to the action with the help of your card. Plus, depending on the concert, you might even be invited to a pre-concert event with food and drink along with other benefits.
If you don’t mind spending extra money for a good cause, you can bid on exclusive experiences with luminaries and celebrities. Some of the experiences up for bid include:
- An intimate concert with John Legend — and a chance to meet him
- A bespoke culinary experience with Chef Kwame Onwuachi, a James Beard Award Winner
- A dinner party for 10 with a variety of award-winning chefs
- Magic lessons with Penn & Teller
There are plenty of other experiences you can bid on — and you might not be able to access them at this level without the help of Chase Experiences.
If you have a Preferred or Reserve card, the VIP experiences vary depending on what’s available for purchase. You need to sign in to see what’s available, but in the past, some of the experiences have included:
- Special perks at the Sundance Film Festival
- VIP access to the PGA Championship
- Private dining series with top chefs
- Added benefits and discounts at Outside Lands music festival
When you sign into your account, you can search by event, city, or date to decide what you’d like to do.
Commonly asked questions about Chase Experiences
Is there a list of all the upcoming Chase Experiences?
You can access a list of upcoming Chase Experiences through your online Chase account. Simply log in and select whichever credit card you have that offers this benefit to see a list of future Experiences that you can reserve using Ultimate Rewards points or cash.
How much does a Chase Experience cost?
The cost of a Chase Experience varies greatly by event. You can refer to the specific Chase Experience listing for details about the event’s cash or point value.
Can anyone buy Chase cardmember preferred seating?
Only Chase debt and credit cardmembers may purchase Chase preferred seating tickets. The first six digits of your credit card account number will act as your access code when you go to buy Chase preferred seating through participating partner ticket websites.
What are the locations of the Chase Lounges?
Chase Lounges are located in Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York; The Forum in Inglewood, California; and The Chicago Theatre in Chicago, Illinois. To access a Chase Lounge, you will need to register yourself and your guests ahead of the event through the Chase lounge website.
What credit score do I need for the Chase Sapphire cards?
Most sources suggest you should have a good or excellent credit score to be approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and an excellent score for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. The higher your score, the better your chance of approval for one of these credit cards, especially with the Sapphire Reserve, which is the luxury card of the pair. Experian defines credit score ranges as a good score being between 670 and 739, with very good and excellent ratings for scores that are higher.
Bottom line on Chase Experiences
If you want special access to events as well as added discounts, Chase Experiences can be an additional perk to having a card. These perks can add value if you like the idea of unique experiences. And if you’re paying the annual fees for a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve card, knowing about these benefits can help you get the most value for your buck.
#1 Travel Rewards Card
- 80,000 point sign-up bonus
- Up to $50 statement credit for grocery store purchases
- 2X points on eligible dining and travel purchases
- 25% more value when redeeming rewards for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Premium travel protection benefits