As pandemic restrictions continue to relax, more resorts are opening to welcome visitors for adventures and relaxing getaways.
In fact, this summer might be a good time for visitors who are hoping to try new resorts both in the U.S. and abroad. Here are a few new — and stunning — resorts for travelers to check out this season and beyond.
The Reykjavik Edition, Iceland
In recent years, Iceland has become a popular destination for those who want to travel the world. This summer, visitors can try The Reykjavik Edition, a modern hotel in the heart of Iceland’s capital.
The hotel has a variety of restaurants and a spa to enjoy. Or, you can step outside to check out the bustling city. Nearby highlights include food, shopping, or simply walking the streets of the largest city in this beautiful island nation.
Kisawa Sanctuary, Mozambique
For something a little more remote, there’s the Kisawa Sanctuary on an island off the coast of the African nation of Mozambique. The resort includes small private residences, or you can choose a larger accommodation if you’re traveling with family or friends.
Guests can enjoy a sunset sail, water sports, a pool, and paddleboard yoga. And for those who are traveling from a long distance, you can also enjoy a jet-lag recovery treatment and massage when you arrive.
Sensei Porcupine Creek, U.S.
Nestled in the foothills near Palm Springs, California, Sensei Porcupine Creek is a great place to relax or enjoy any number of sports. The resort includes a golf course and tennis courts, for example.
You can also enjoy wellness consultations, which include fitness and yoga with trained guides. In addition to hotel rooms, the resort also has two-bedroom and four-bedroom villas depending on your needs.
Montage Big Sky, U.S.
Set in Montana’s Big Sky Country, Montage Big Sky has plenty of outdoor fun at this family-friendly vacation spot. Guests can take advantage of activities such as skiing, snowshoeing, and horseback riding.
The resort even has an outdoor ice rink for guests to take advantage of during the winter months. The resort also includes Yellowstone National Park Guided Tours which are only an hour’s drive from the park’s entrance.
Rock House, Turks and Caicos
Based on the north shore of Turks and Caicos, Rock House boasts ocean views and a private beach club for visitors. The resort also has massage treatments and several dining options. One of the highlights of the resort is the largest infinity pool in Turks and Caicos.
If you would prefer more privacy, you can also book a room with your own private pool so you don’t have to share.
Castle Elvira, Italy
Travelers young and old will be thrilled to stay in this castle. Located in Puglia, Italy, Castle Elvira has been restored after being abandoned 100 years ago. The building now houses a restaurant with locally sourced ingredients and a pool to cool off.
And when you have some free time, explore the castle’s gardens or take a bike to check out olive and citrus groves nearby.
Enjoy nature with this stunning resort opening in Utah. Located near Zion National Park, Spirit can offer an adventurous outdoor vacation with one- or two-bedroom suites or a five-bedroom retreat with plenty of space for families to stretch out.
The buildings that make up Spirit also include leaf-shaped roofs with solar panels to provide energy. There’s also space for exercise and spa treatments or you can take an electric bike to explore 35 miles of trails on the property.
Waldorf Astoria Cancun, Mexico
The Waldorf Astoria Cancun sits on a beautiful beach along the coast of Mexico. You can choose from guest rooms with a view of the ocean to more luxurious accommodations with their own plunge pools.
The resort also features plenty of activities, including pools, a spa, and a private beach with activities for families. It also has several restaurants and bars where you can eat and wind down after a day on the beach.
Fairmont Windsor Park, England
An hour outside of London is Fairmont Windsor Park, this resort has 40 acres of green space to explore. Guests can partake of restaurants and bars on the property or have afternoon tea in the hotel’s Orchid Tea Room.
Fairmont also has a spa and wellness center, including an outdoor pool, gym, and tennis courts.
Grumeti Serengeti River Lodge, Tanzania
The African country of Tanzania hosts the Grumeti Serengeti River Lodge in Serengeti National Park. This incredible resort includes family-friendly activities as well as a pool, fitness center, and in-room massages.
Enjoy exploring nature at nearby Lake Victoria, take a hot-air balloon ride, or get a guided tour of an animal migration.
Rosewood Doha, Qatar
All eyes will be on Qatar this 2022-2023 winter season for the FIFA World Cup, one of the most anticipated sporting events in the world. Doha, the capital of Qatar, will also have a new resort opening in 2023 as part of the country’s hosting duties.
The Rosewood Doha is a stunning hotel clad with a coral-reef-inspired exterior and includes restaurants, a coffee shop, and a lounge for entertaining. The resort will also include a spa, fitness center, and pool for guests to enjoy when they’re not watching soccer.
Perhaps this summer is the time for you to get out and explore the world. There are plenty of new resorts and different places to choose from, with options ranging from warm beaches to winter mountains.
Look into different options and book one on your best travel credit card to take advantage of extra deals. Find someplace to go on your own, with someone special, or for a family vacation.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 18.24% - 28.24% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee applies to all balance transfers.
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it