Food might be the last thing on your mind when you’re trekking around Universal Studios, excited to ride the Jurassic World VelociCoaster or Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure. But there's good reason to look forward to the edible treats that await you at the park. The many foods and specialty items, both savory and sweet, will satiate every park-goer's palate.
Before you head to the park, check out this list of treats to indulge in during your visit.
Every Harry Potter fan has heard of butterbeer, the butterscotch-inspired drink that is a favorite among wizards and witches. At multiple eateries in Wizarding World, you can experience it yourself. Butterbeer is served hot, cold, or frozen — and is non-alcoholic — so it can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Orange marmalade ice cream
Wizarding World is also home to Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour, which is delightfully filled with unique takes on the favorite dessert. Instead of vanilla or chocolate, try orange marmalade, a soft serve treat that may remind you of those tasty orange creamsicles you enjoyed as a kid. If orange isn’t your thing, there’s also sticky toffee pudding, salted caramel blondie, or chocolate chili ice cream.
A trip to Diagon Alley’s sweet shop Honeydukes wouldn’t be complete without a Cauldron Cake. The chocolate cake with flame-colored buttercream frosting comes in a special cauldron you can take with you, and there’s even a recipe in the souvenir box so you can make these delights when you get home.
The Big Pink
Who wouldn’t love a donut inspired by The Simpsons? This one from Springfield’s Lard Lad Donuts is particularly delicious, too! The Big Pink is a huge donut that’s about the size of your head with delicious pink frosting and sprinkles. You may have to share this one with a friend.
Check out Moe’s Tavern in the Springfield-inspired section for the Flaming Moe, a sweet concoction of orange juice and lemonade with a little blood orange syrup. Even though it’s named after your favorite cartoon bartender, this sugary-sweet drink is non-alcoholic, which makes it perfect to fuel everyone up for more excitement at Universal.
Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
Over at Cletus’ Chicken Shack in Universal’s version of Springfield is a twist on a classic combo. Instead of a bun, two waffles elevate this fried chicken sandwich that also boasts lettuce, tomato, and maple syrup mayo for an added sweet kick. It’s the perfect sandwich for a down-to-earth hard-worker like Cletus Spuckler, The Simpsons’ character who inspired this eatery.
Green Eggs and Ham Tots
Seussville is the home to some fun Dr. Seuss-inspired foods, including actual green eggs and ham at the Green Eggs and Ham Cafe. This version includes green scrambled eggs and ham cubes mixed in with tater tots and served with a white cheese sauce.
Cotton Candy Cloud
Seussville’s candy shop, Honk Honkers, serves up an impressively large cloud of cotton candy. Fans of the sweet treat can choose from unique flavors, including green apple and birthday cake. You can also customize it with yummy add-ins like sprinkles or marshmallows to make it extra special.
Waturi Fusion Ice Cream
Visit Volcano Bay’s Koka Poroka Ice Cream Kona stand. It offers the most fanciful-flavored cold treats. The Waturi Fusion is a colorful combination of banana, blue raspberry, orange, and strawberry ice cream stuffed into one cone. It’s perfect for those hot summer days at the park.
This Costa Rican-inspired food at Jurassic Café in Jurassic World includes a bit of a twist on a favorite appetizer. The plantain chips taste incredible when dipped in guacamole sweetened with pomegranate. It’s also a tasty treat to snack on while watching park-goers get soaked on the Jurassic Park ride.
The Cowfish at Citywalk serves up this sushi roll that has beef, cheddar cheese, bacon, and red onion stuffed inside a roll wrapped in potato strings and flash fried. It’s also topped with some tomatoes and a little bit of a dill pickle. It’s brilliant, bite-sized, and bursting with flavor.
Nutella Banana Bread Pudding
Minion Cafe in the Despicable Me section is a dessert haven, but this treat might be the best of them. Inspired by the Minions’ love for bananas, this banana bread pudding includes an extra bit of chocolate-hazelnut spread Nutella.
The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Citywalk is known for its elaborate milkshakes, but this one takes the cake. The confetti concoction includes vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and sprinkles, and is topped with an actual slice of confetti cake. Anyone with a sweet tooth will find this delightful!
Bacon Maple Bar
People flock to Voodoo Donuts at Citywalk for their unusual flavors and concoctions. Those who love the classics may indulge in donuts covered with mini M&Ms; or Oreo cookies. The Bacon Maple Bar, however, takes donuts to a new flavor level — it’s covered with real bacon and the most decadent maple frosting.
An amusement park vacation with delicious and unique foods excites all the senses. Be extra prepared by looking into the best credit cards to book Universal Studios for great deals and potential perks.
Universal Studios in Orlando is also a quick drive from Disney World. Disney World hotels can be booked with points. Travel credit cards can help make your trips fun and affordable.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire as long as your account remains open.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 18.24% - 28.24% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee applies to all balance transfers.
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards® member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it