Baja Auto Insurance is a small Texas-based company that helps people connect with insurance providers to get auto, renters, health, or life coverage. This company doesn't offer insurance itself. Instead, it shops around with different carriers to find coverage for its customers.
Baja Auto Insurance is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) but has an “A+” rating. It received a single complaint over the last three years, which was resolved.
Find out whether working with this company is worth your time in this Baja Auto Insurance review.
Baja Auto Insurance: Is it worth it?
|Our verdict: Baja Auto Insurance is a company that may help you connect with the right insurer in Texas, especially if you need an SR-22 form due to a court or state order. However, Baja Auto Insurance itself doesn’t issue car insurance policies, so you may find it easier to work directly with an insurance provider.|
What is Baja Auto Insurance?
Baja Auto Insurance was founded in 2006 in Buckner, Texas, based on the belief that affordable auto insurance should be available to everyone — including drivers who had violations of accidents in the past.
Baja doesn't issue insurance policies. Instead, you can work with an insurance agent at the company who will help you shop around for multiple insurance types, including auto, motorcycle, and renters insurance.
Baja’s network of 57 Texas-based agents helps policyholders get the protection they need. Its agents work with drivers who have accidents, tickets, and drunk driving arrests on their records. Baja Auto Insurance may be an option worth exploring if you live in Texas and have trouble finding auto coverage on your own due to your driving record.
|Types of coverage||
|Where you can use it||
What insurance does Baja Auto Insurance offer?
Baja does not provide insurance, but it helps you find coverage from trusted insurance providers. It can assist you in getting several kinds of car insurance coverage, including:
- Liability insurance: This liability coverage helps pay for injuries or damages you may be responsible for due to an at-fault accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): This insurance helps cover the cost of injuries you sustained in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance: This coverage helps pay for injuries or damages you sustained in an accident with a driver who is uninsured or has inadequate insurance coverage.
- Collision coverage: This auto coverage helps with the cost of repairing or replacing your car after an accident. Collision coverage is often required if your car is financed or leased.
- Comprehensive coverage: This insurance helps with the cost of vehicle repairs after non-collision events, such as fire, vandalism, or storm damage. Comprehensive coverage is usually required when you finance or lease a car.
- Roadside assistance: This optional coverage helps you with problems you may face on the road, such as getting your vehicle towed, jump-starting it, or having fuel delivered.
Keep in mindBaja Auto Insurance doesn’t issue insurance policies. Instead, it connects you with insurance providers that may offer the coverage you need.
In addition to car insurance, Baja Auto Insurance can also connect you with insurance providers that offer:
Baja indicates it can help keep costs low for each of these insurance options by shopping for your desired coverage with many different providers. That’s why the exact coverage options and premiums you may receive may vary.
Baja Auto Insurance: How cheap is it?
Baja Auto Insurance works with a network of affiliate and external marketing partners. Baja offers you an online quote after you provide basic information online. The quote process also offers several discounts that you may qualify for.
How to find discounts
In addition to helping you shop around for coverage and compare auto insurance quotes, Baja also offers potential discounts to help you save money on car insurance. Examples of savings opportunities that you might be able to take advantage of include:
- Good student discount: Young drivers who maintain good grades at school may qualify for this discount.
- Active military or veteran discount: Active military members or veterans may get a discount on their auto policy premium.
- Locked garage discount: Drivers who keep their vehicle in a locked garage instead of parking it in the street can benefit from this discount.
- Homeowner discount: Drivers who own the place they live in may get a lower policy premium.
- Prior insurance discount: People who had continuous coverage with a previous insurance provider may get a discount on their premium.
How to maximize savings
Baja Auto Insurance shops for your desired auto coverage with different insurance partners. Insurance providers often offer lower premiums if you:
- Take on higher deductibles: A higher deductible means you will pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim, but it can also result in lower premiums.
- Maintain a good driving record: Safe drivers often pay lower premiums because they are less likely to file a claim.
- Only pay for the coverage you need: You can lower your premiums by getting the coverage you need rather than buying optional coverage that drives up the cost of your policy.
How to get an insurance quote from Baja Auto Insurance
You can get a quote from Baja Auto Insurance by completing an online form or setting up an appointment with a local agent.
Keep in mindBaja insurance quotes are for coverage provided by its affiliates since Baja itself doesn’t provide insurance policies.
You’ll need to provide the following information to complete the online quote:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Number of driving violations or accidents
- Vehicle year, make, and model
- Vehicle usage and average mileage
- Type of coverage you want
Once you have this information, you can begin the process at the Baja Auto Insurance website by following these steps:
- Choose your insurance type and enter your ZIP code.
- Type in your name, phone number, email address, and garaging address.
- Choose your marital status.
- Indicate how many violations or accidents you had in the past.
- Add information about your vehicle usage and mileage.
- Choose the discounts you may qualify for. This will later be reviewed with an agent.
- Receive your quote and review your coverage. You can then contact an agent to finalize your policy.
Baja Auto Insurance FAQs
Is Baja a good company?
Baja has been helping drivers find insurance since 2006. While it is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), it has an "A+" rating and a single consumer complaint over the past three years.
Its sister company, Freeway Insurance, has an "A+" rating with the BBB. Both Baja and Freeway are part of the Confie network, a leading provider of consumer insurance in the U.S.
How long does it take to get a policy with Baja Auto Insurance?
Baja prides itself on providing timely auto insurance quotes. You can provide your information online, get quotes back, and apply for coverage with your chosen insurance carrier — all within just a few minutes.
When you're trying to figure out how to get car insurance, you may also want in-person help. Baja provides that to Dallas/Fort Worth customers through its network of agents. If you prefer this route, it will take longer to go into the office and work with your agent to get the perfect coverage.
What types of coverage does Baja Auto Insurance offer?
Baja doesn't provide coverage itself, but instead connects customers with its network of insurance carriers. Baja can help you find different coverage options, including:
- Auto insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Renters insurance
- Tire hazard protection
- Paintless dent repair
How do you contact Baja Auto Insurance?
You can contact Baja by phone or visit one of its offices in person.
The Baja customer service number is 844-237-4184, and the number to get insurance quotes is 800-401-6870. You can also find a local office by entering your ZIP code on the Baja Auto Insurance website.
Baja lets you compare car insurance coverage from a network of insurers, but its network is limited to Texas, so it’s not the best option for everyone. While it may be convenient if you’re a Texas resident, you will likely need to shop for coverage elsewhere if you live outside that area.
Check out our picks for the best auto insurance companies if you’re shopping around for coverage with competitive rates.
FinanceBuzz researches a number of factors in each auto insurance provider to create our reviews. These factors include cost and discounts, complaints and customer satisfaction, coverage, and ease of use. We also gather information from sources such as J.D. Power, AM Best, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), and the Better Business Bureau to ensure we provide the most useful information to our readers.