Many parts of the U.S. are cold and dreary right now, but you can quickly find yourself somewhere warmer if you grab a great deal on a cruise.
Cruise lines often mark down trips, offering you the chance to book a vacation without sacrificing your financial fitness.
Here are a few deals on cruises that you can check out right now.
If you’re over 50, take advantage of massive travel discounts and trip-planning resources
Over 50 and love traveling? Join AARP today — because if you’re not a member, you could be missing out on huge travel perks. When you start your membership today, you can get discounts on hotels and resorts, airfare, cruises, car rentals, and more.
How to become a member today:
- Go here, select your free gift, and click “Join Today”
- Create your account (important!) by answering a few simple questions
- Start enjoying your discounts and perks!
An AARP membership not only unlocks discounts that could save you hundreds on your next trip, but you’ll also have access to deals on vacation packages, guided tours, and exclusive content to help plan your next getaway.
Important: Start your membership by creating an account here and filling in all of the information (do not skip this step!). Doing so will allow you to take up to 25% off your AARP membership, making it just $12 per year with auto-renewal.
Virgin Voyages is offering a big deal for “second sailors” who want to go on a cruise vacation this year.
When you book a cruise by Jan. 31, you can get 70% off your second sailor. The deal also includes premium drink credits of up to $600 depending on how many nights you book.
Holland America Line
Booking a cruise through Holland America Line now can help you save 40% on your costs and earn you a free balcony upgrade. You could also qualify for up to $400 in onboard credit.
Book a Holland America Line cruise to Alaska through Costco and you will also get a deal.
You get an additional $100 credit to use onboard if you book your trip through Costco by Jan. 31.
A great Costco hack is to book travel through the retailer. And right now, Costco is offering a deal on Celebrity European cruises.
You can book your cruise to Europe through Costco and earn an additional $100 credit for onboard spending. Check the Costco Travel website to see which trips and rooms qualify for the credit.
Earn a $250 travel bonus with this incredible card
There's a credit card that's making waves with its amazing bonus and benefits. The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card has no annual fee and you can earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
You can earn additional points just by using this card for your everyday purchases — unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases. The 25,000 bonus points can be redeemed for a $250 statement credit toward travel or dining purchases.
If you want to travel and dine out more, the Travel Rewards card can help you get where you want to go.
The best part? There's no annual fee.
Norwegian Cruise Lines
Earn up to $200 in an onboard ship credit if you book a Norwegian Cruise Lines trip through Costco by Jan. 31.
Costco Travel’s website has details about which rooms qualify for the credit.
Viking has smaller ships that allow for trips along famous rivers such as the Danube or Rhine rivers in Europe, or the Mississippi River in the U.S.
The cruise line is also offering free international airfare for qualifying trips if you book by Jan. 31. Check the cruise line’s website for details on how you can save cash on airfare when you cruise with Viking.
Royal Caribbean International
Sometimes, it’s fun to make a cruise a family trip. Royal Caribbean International offers “kids sail free” deals on select cruises. You also might be eligible for $600 onboard credits and 60% discounts for second guests.
If you book a Royal Caribbean International cruise through Costco, you also might be eligible for a digital Costco Shop Card and a free lunch or dinner for up to four guests at an onboard Johnny Rockets restaurant.
Margaritaville at Sea
Did you know you could waste away again in Margaritaville, but on a boat?
Check out Margaritaville at Sea, which is offering a buy one, get three free deal. That means you can book a trip for yourself and bring along three friends or family members for free.
You can choose from one of several trips that leave a Florida port to various destinations.
You can get discounts on a Carnival Cruise if you book with Costco. The cruise line will give you onboard credit of up to $125. Plus, you also get a digital Costco Shop Card.
Check the Costco Travel website to get more details.
Try something different with a Windstar cruise. Windstar has fewer guests than most cruise lines, making the trip smaller and more intimate for guests.
Decide which deal you want with Windstar’s Pick Your Perk. Choose from options such as a free hotel night before or after the cruise, $1,000 in onboard credit, or additional perks that you may qualify for with your reservation.
The deal is good through Feb. 29.
Earn cash back on everyday purchases with this rare account
Want to earn cash back on your everyday purchases without using a credit card? With the Discover®️ Cashback Debit Checking account (member FDIC), you can earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month!1
With no credit check to apply and no monthly fees to worry about, you can earn nearly passive income on purchases you’re making anyway — up to an extra $360 a year!
This rare checking account has other great perks too, like access to your paycheck up to 2 days early with Early Pay, no minimum deposit or monthly balance requirements, over 60K fee-free ATMs, and the ability to add cash to your account at Walmart stores nationwide.
Don’t leave money on the table — it only takes minutes to apply and it won’t impact your credit score.
Costco has a great deal for its members who want to enjoy a Princess cruise.
The retailer is giving members a $100 onboard credit per room. You can also earn a digital Costco Shop Card for extra savings when you are back on land.
The Costco Travel website has more information about discounts, as well as which trips and rooms are covered by the deal.
If you are bored with taking trips by car and plane, cruises offer new ways to travel more and get out of your rut.
A cruise to a warm-weather place is ideal for those hoping to escape cold, cloudy winter weather. Are you ready to set sail for an adventure?
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire as long as your account remains open.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the Intro APR offer ends, a Variable APR that’s currently 18.24% - 28.24% will apply. A 3% Intro balance transfer fee will apply for the first 60 days your account is open. After the Intro balance transfer fee offer ends, the fee for future balance transfers is 4%.
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards® member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it