For drivers in Massachusetts, a local auto insurance company like A-Affordable could mean a cheaper car insurance policy. But is there a downside to going with a small insurer instead of one of the major providers?
In this A-Affordable Auto Insurance review, you’ll learn about this multi-policy insurance agency, how it works, and what it offers. This will help you understand whether A-Affordable might align with your insurance needs or if researching other options might prove the better decision.
A-Affordable Auto Insurance: Is it worth it?
|Our verdict: A-Affordable Car Insurance is a good option for Massachusetts drivers who are at higher risk due to a bad driving record, canceled insurance policy, or poor insurance payment history.|
What is A-Affordable Insurance?
A-Affordable Insurance is an insurance agency located in Massachusetts that has been in business since 1984. Since its founding, A-Affordable has expanded to around 15 in-person locations throughout the Bay State, including in and around Boston.
The company was founded to provide affordable insurance options for Massachusetts residents, and it emphasizes making sure the insurance purchasing process is as stress-free as possible.
Taking the worry out of getting an insurance policy includes offering you one in the first place. A-Affordable advertises affordable rates and insists it can work with individuals who have bad driving records, poor insurance payment histories, and more. This can be helpful if you’ve tried to get a policy with other insurers but have been denied.
|Types of coverage||
|Where you can use it||Desktop|
|Availability||Only in Massachusetts|
- You could save up to $500 with some companies
- Compare dozens of providers in under 5 minutes
- Fast, free and easy way to shop for insurance
- Quickly find the perfect rate for you
What insurance does A-Affordable Insurance offer?
While A-Affordable Insurance may offer different types of insurance policies, it still focuses on affordable car insurance. Here are the different car insurance types offered by A-Affordable.
Essential coverage options
- Bodily injury: A type of liability insurance coverage that can help cover medical expenses for other people involved in a car accident you’ve caused. This may include paying for treatments and care at a hospital.
- Property damage: A type of liability insurance that can help cover property damage expenses for other people involved in a car accident you’ve caused. For example, if another vehicle is damaged in an accident, this insurance can help pay to repair or replace the vehicle.
- Personal injury: Sometimes called personal injury protection or PIP, this can help cover your medical expenses regardless of who is at fault for the car accident. This could include paying for hospital bills and potentially covering lost wages.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: Can help cover expenses if the at-fault driver doesn’t have liability insurance.
- Medical payments: Can help cover medical expenses for you or your passengers regardless of who is at fault for a car accident. This may include health insurance deductibles, hospital visits, surgery, ambulance fees, and more.
- Collision: Collision insurance can help repair or replace your car if you’re in a car accident with another vehicle or object such as a tree or fence.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive insurance can help cover your car for repairs or replacement because of damage from storms, vandalism, theft, animals, falling objects, and more.
- Towing and labor: Can help cover expenses related to your car breaking down. This may include expenses related to towing, changing tires, receiving lockout assistance, and more.
- Underinsured motorist bodily injury: Can help pay for expenses if the at-fault driver doesn’t have sufficient liability insurance limits to cover your bills after an accident.
In addition to car insurance policies, A-Affordable also offers on-site registry services. This includes issuing new license plates, transferring existing license plates, and vehicle registration renewals. Taking advantage of these services can save you a trip to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.
More insurance products
A-Affordable Insurance offers a variety of insurance products to help its customers get the protection they need. A-Affordable offers these types of insurance coverage:
When a provider offers multiple types of insurance policies, it makes it easier for you to find what you need in one place instead of going through multiple companies. For example, if you need auto, motorcycle, and renters insurance, A-Affordable could provide all three types of coverage for you at the same time. This could qualify you for a multi-policy discount when you bundle different policies, like a car and home insurance bundle.
Having this many insurance options may be common for major insurance companies, but it’s uncommon for a smaller company like A-Affordable.
A-Affordable Insurance: How cheap is it?
How to find discounts
One of the easiest ways to save money on car insurance is by qualifying for available discounts. A-Affordable offers these types of car insurance discounts:
- Anti-theft devices: Certain anti-theft devices installed on your vehicle could qualify you for this discount.
- Good student: Being a good student or having a good student in your family could qualify you for this discount. This typically means maintaining a certain grade average, usually a B or higher.
- Good driver: If you maintain a clean driving record for more than three years with no accidents, traffic violations, or claims, you may be able to get a discount on your car insurance premium.
- Limited vehicle use: You might qualify for a discount if you use your vehicle less than the average person.
- Multi-policy: Bundling, or combining different insurance policies from the same insurer, makes it easy to have all your coverage in one place. You may be able to get a discount on your car insurance if you bundle it with another insurance policy the company offers.
- Safe driving device: Many insurers offer an optional safe-driving device for your vehicle. This can track how much you drive and certain safe driving behaviors. Simply agreeing to have the device could qualify you for a discount.
How to maximize savings
A-Affordable claims to provide affordable car insurance for people with a bad driving record, canceled insurance policy, or poor insurance policy payment history. However, those factors can still result in higher premiums. To maximize savings on your car insurance, you can:
- Carry the state minimum: All Massachusetts drivers are required to carry a minimum level of car insurance coverage, and you can save money by having just this coverage. You need to have at least the following:
- $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident bodily injury liability,
- $8,000 personal injury protection (PIP),
- $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident uninsured motorist bodily injury, and
- $5,000 per accident for property damage liability.
- Increase your deductible: If you have insurance coverage above the minimum required by the state, you can lower your premium by increasing your deductibles where you can. The deductible is the amount you pay out of pocket before your insurance kicks in. Being able to pay a higher deductible will reduce the cost of your car insurance premium.
- Improve your credit score: Your credit score factors into how much insurers will charge you for car insurance. Drivers with low credit scores are considered at a higher risk for filing a claim, so the insurance company will charge them a higher premium. By improving your credit score, you may be able to save money on your car insurance.
How to get an insurance quote from A-Affordable Insurance
When looking into how to get car insurance from A-Affordable, you can start by getting a quote in one of three simple ways:
- By phone: 1-800-897-2837
- By internet: At the A-Affordable Insurance website through their free online quote form
- In-person: By visiting a local office
Whether you’re calling in or filling out the online form, the quote process shouldn’t take more than a few minutes of your time. To start the online quote process, follow these simple steps:
- Input your Massachusetts zip code.
- Once you confirm your eligibility, the system will tell you how much other drivers in your area are paying for car insurance through A-Affordable.
- You will then need to submit your name, phone number, email address, and driver's license number.
- However, it doesn’t appear that A-Afforable’s quote system will give you a quote immediately online. The system asks for your preferred contact method – phone or text – so that an A-Affordable agent can contact you with a quote for car insurance.
If you need coverage quickly, A-Affordable can write your insurance policy over the phone and then finalize it with your email address and a credit card.
A-Affordable Insurance FAQs
Which company is cheapest for car insurance?
The company with the cheapest car insurance will depend on multiple factors that affect car insurance rates, including your age, driving record, geographic location, and past insurance history.
This means a certain company may offer the cheapest policies for one person while another company may have the cheapest options for someone else. To compare car insurance rates from top providers and find a policy that works for you, check out our list of the best car insurance companies.
How is A-Affordable Insurance Agency rated?
A-Affordable Insurance Agency is rated a D-minus by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The Massachusetts-based insurance company has no customer reviews on the BBB website and has failed to respond to two complaints filed against them. A-Affordable operates solely in Massachusetts with about 15 in-person locations.
Where is A-Affordable Insurance located?
A-Affordable Insurance is an insurance provider located in the state of Massachusetts. It has about 15 in-person locations spread out around the Bay State, including locations in and around Boston.
However, you don’t need to visit an in-person location to get an insurance quote. Simply call 1-800-897-2837 or visit the A-Affordable website and fill out the online quote form to start the process.
If you live in Massachusetts, A-Affordable Auto Insurance might be the right fit for your needs. However, it always makes sense to look into all available options before deciding on an insurance policy. Comparing quotes from different insurers can help you find the most affordable rates on the coverage you need.
To get started, check out our list of the best auto insurance companies. This will help you compare offers from top providers so you can make an informed decision on your next auto insurance policy.
FinanceBuzz researches a number of factors in each auto insurance provider to create our reviews. These factors include cost and discounts, complaints and customer satisfaction, coverage, and ease of use. We also gather information from sources such as J.D. Power, AM Best, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), and the Better Business Bureau to ensure we provide the most useful information to our readers.