Colorado might be best known for its mountains, but the Centennial State is home to a fascinating range of ecosystems and environments.
This makes it a fantastically diverse vacation destination for travelers from across the U.S. Plus, you can eliminate some money stress by going on a Colorado vacation compared to other popular destinations.
Keep reading to find the right Airbnb-based inspiration for your next Colorado vacation. Prices may change based on the week you’re looking to book.
Kittredge Guest Suite, Kittredge
Average pre-tax price per night: $91
Kittredge is just 25 miles outside of Denver, but thanks to the town’s location in Bear Creek Canyon, it’s impossible to tell just how close it is to the state’s metropolitan center.
This one-bed, one-bath guest suite is on the bottom floor of the host’s townhouse and includes its own fully stocked kitchen.
Kittredge is a short drive from the Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre, a prime destination for hikers, stargazers, and concert enthusiasts alike.
Want to learn how to build wealth like the 1%? Sign up for Worthy to get ideas and advice delivered to your inbox.
Palisade Tent, Gateway
Average pre-tax price per night: $113
This glamping destination in Gateway, Colorado, ensures you can enjoy camping in the high desert without sacrificing your modern lifestyle. The tent is around 225 square feet and includes a king-size bed and cozy lounge area.
You’ll find a gas fire pit, a fully featured bathhouse, and a pool outside the tent. It’s a great way to enjoy the great outdoors in style without having to make extra money just to go.
The site works best for visitors to Grand Junction, about an hour away, and Moab, home to Arches National Park in Utah.
Tiny House Farm Stay with Kitchenette, Hotchkiss
Average pre-tax price per night: $118
The massive chasms of the Black Canyon in Gunnison National Park have to be seen to be believed.
If you’re planning a national park adventure to the cloud-filled canyon, where you’ll see some of the oldest exposed rock in the U.S., save some money by staying at this tiny house in nearby Hotchkiss.
Like many tiny houses, the rental bedroom is a small loft above the kitchen and sitting area. The kitchenette includes a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave (and if you prefer cooking under the stars, the hosts recently installed a new fire pit outdoors).
Charming 1880s Cabin, Hooper
Average pre-tax price per night: $123
Interested in unique landscapes and historic homes? Hooper is right outside Great Sand Dunes National Park, an International Dark Sky Park and home to North America’s tallest sand dunes.
The one-room cabin dates back to 1880 but has been fully updated and refurbished with a stove, TV, bathroom, and working kitchen.
Pro tip: Booking in advance can help you keep more money in your wallet when paying for your trip.
Peacock Manor, Colorado Springs
Average pre-tax price per night: $139
Peacock Manor isn’t actually a manor. Instead, it’s a studio suite with one bedroom, one bathroom, a sitting area, and a kitchen.
But don’t let the simplicity deter you: The house is surprisingly psychedelic. Along with its vividly colored walls, the location’s mood lamps, bright 60s-style furniture, and aqua-and-orange flooring (complete with a heating system) ensure each room pops.
Crooked Sky Ranch & Airbnb, Cortez
Average pre-tax price per night: $153
Cortez is the gateway to Mesa Verde National Park, which features 700-year-old cliff dwellings, ample hiking, and incredible views of the region’s striking mesas and mountains.
Cortez might be a small town, but it has a thriving main street with plenty of breweries, coffee shops, and a high-end sushi house.
Despite all these perks, Crooked Sky Ranch might be the best part of staying in Cortez. The sheep ranch’s guest suite includes a king-size bed (cots are available for additional guests), and according to Airbnb’s site, Crooked Sky Ranch tends to fill up quickly.
The Glass Deckhouse, Salida
Average pre-tax price per night: $159 (weeknight) to $197 (weekend)
Looking for a unique Rocky Mountain destination? This one-bedroom, one-bathroom tiny house sits just a few steps from the Rocky Mountain National Forest boundary, so hiking opportunities abound.
The house’s best features are probably its windows: Both sides of the deckhouse are floor-to-ceiling windows offering sweeping mountain and valley views.
And if you’re worried about being too isolated, don’t worry — downtown Salida is a 15-minute drive down the mountain and offers plenty of opportunities for wining, dining, and enjoying the local arts and culture scene.
Romantic Fairy Forest Bubble Tent Stay, Beulah Valley
Average pre-tax price per night: $160
While every Airbnb rental on our list can give you a once-in-a-lifetime, memory-filled vacation, this romantic bubble tent listing might be the most interesting and unique space.
The tent is definitely practical, with a comfortable queen-sized bed, table, and chairs. But the property’s fantastical elements are its clear selling points.
The property’s owners have decorated the surrounding forest in “fairyland” style, complete with warm fairy lights, wooden carvings, miniature fairy figurines, and a shady hammock for enjoying a magical forest nap.
Colorado River Guesthouse, Clifton
Average pre-tax price per night: $194
If you’ve ever wanted to spend the night at an animal sanctuary, this guesthouse on the banks of the Colorado River is your best chance.
The property is on a 10-acre sanctuary with peacocks, alpacas, dogs, cats, and an emu. Along with the animals, the site has a riverside beach and a two-acre fishing lake, making it an ideal spot for leisurely fishing and Colorado River rafting.
Clifton itself is a Grand Junction suburb. If you get tired of your secluded sanctuary, journey into town for a delicious meal, shopping spree, or tee time at one of the city’s many golf courses.
Creekside Colorado A-Frame Cabin, Alma
Average pre-tax price per night: $271 (with required two-night minimum)
This colorful A-frame cabin — charmingly painted farmhouse red with pine-green trim — is an updated 1970s-era home with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a laundry, and a fully featured kitchen.
The cabin sits alongside a creek, and its private deck and backyard (complete with a hammock) sit in the shadow of stunning 14,000-foot-high mountains.
Alma is a tiny town in the geographically vast but sparsely populated Park County and is a prime destination for outdoor enthusiasts who want a unique getaway.
Pro tip: As one of the more expensive options on the list, you may want to book with a credit card that allows you to earn cash back.
A vacation should be a relaxing break from your regular life, not the tipping point for your fragile budget. You can stop throwing money away on lavish vacations and enjoy the beauty of Colorado instead.
With the right Airbnb rental, you can enjoy a fantastic Colorado home away from home at an affordable price.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire as long as your account remains open.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the Intro APR offer ends, a Variable APR that’s currently 18.24% - 28.24% will apply. A 3% Intro balance transfer fee will apply for the first 60 days your account is open. After the Intro balance transfer fee offer ends, the fee for future balance transfers is 4%.
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards® member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it