As the largest online retailer in the world, Amazon is a top shopping destination for many people. With the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card, you can now get rewards for all of your Amazon purchases. It offers excellent earning potential for Amazon and Whole Foods Market purchases as well as the ability to earn cash back in other categories. If you’re looking for a no-fee cashback card to add to your wallet, this one is worth considering. Here’s why.
Who should get the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card?
If you’re a loyal Amazon shopper, the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card may be a good option for you. It offers 3% on Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases. Plus, you don’t need to be a Prime member to apply for this card. It’s one of the best cards to use when shopping on Amazon.
It’s also a decent cashback card beyond its earning potential on Amazon purchases. With this card, you’ll also earn valuable rewards in popular categories such as fuel, dining out, and drugstores.
If you don’t shop much at Amazon, other cashback credit cards may offer a higher earning rate in spending categories that matter the most to you.
|Card type||Cash back|
|Intro bonus||Earn a $60 Amazon gift card upon approval of credit card application|
|Reward rate||up to 3% cash back|
|Recommended credit score||Good|
|Foreign transaction fee||None|
Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card benefits and perks
- Immediate sign-up bonus: Earn a $60 Amazon gift card upon approval of credit card application.
- Easy rewards in popular categories: The Amazon Rewards Visa earns cash back in categories such as Amazon and Whole Foods purchases, and at gas stations, restaurants, and drugstores.
- Pain-free redemptions: Redeeming points is easy with the Amazon Rewards card. As you make purchases on Amazon, choose your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card as the payment method. You’ll then see an option to pay with points, which can save money on Amazon purchases. Points can also be redeemed for cash back, gift cards, and travel.
- No annual or foreign transaction fees: There is no annual fee to worry about with the Amazon Rewards Visa. It’s also a great card to use when traveling internationally because there are no foreign transaction fees.
- Visa Signature benefits: Enjoy all the perks that come along with being a Visa Signature cardmember. This includes access to concierge services, exclusive events, auto rental collision damage waiver, extended warranty protection, travel and emergency assistance, zero liability on fraudulent charges, and much more.
Drawbacks to the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Sign-up bonus: Although this card does offer an instant sign-up bonus once you’re approved, other cashback cards offer more lucrative welcome bonuses. Some offer bonuses up to $300.
- Earning categories: If you aren’t a loyal Amazon or Whole Foods shopper, you may be better off with a cashback card that offers a flat rate on every purchase. This will give you the opportunity to earn cash back on everything you buy, not just purchases in specific categories.
Earning and redeeming with the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
Potential earnings in years one and two
Here's a look how your cash back can add up with the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card.
Remember, this is an estimation. The actual value will be determined by how much you spend and in which categories you spend.
Year one earnings: $716
Year two earnings: $656
These values are based on the FinanceBuzz Credit Card Rewards Valuation Model which takes a look at cash back earned via spending, the sign-up bonus, and the annual fee.
Best ways to earn
Earning cash back with the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card is easy. Cardholders get 3% cash back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market; 2% at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores; and 1% on all other purchases.
|Whole Foods Markets||3%|
Maximizing your redemptions
Like many other Amazon-branded products, the Amazon Rewards Visa was created to encourage you to spend more at Amazon. Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer, and offering credit cards is a way for it to continue to expand its market.
You’ll get the most value from this card’s rewards by using your credit card points on Amazon purchases. When you choose your Amazon rewards card as the payment option, you’ll see your available points and can choose to use them for select purchases.
You can also get cash back for your rewards points in the form of statement credits or electronic deposits into a bank account. Rewards can also be used to purchase gift cards and travel through the Chase travel portal. Redemption values can vary on these options.
Amazon Rewards Signature Card FAQs
Can you use the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card anywhere?
Visa is accepted at most merchants worldwide so your Amazon Rewards Signature Card can be used almost anywhere.
Can I withdraw cash from my Amazon credit card?
You can receive a cash advance through your Amazon credit card. The current cash advance APR is 26.49% (variable). Plus, there is a cash advance fee of $10 or 5%, whichever is greater.
What credit score do you need for the Amazon card?
No credit score requirements are published for the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card. Typically, you’ll need a good credit score to qualify for most cards, which is a score above 700.
Which Amazon card is best?
Determining the best Amazon credit card depends on your needs and whether you are an Amazon Prime member. Prime members should consider the Amazon Prime Rewards card to take advantage of higher earning rates at Amazon and Whole Foods Markets. It requires an Amazon Prime membership, though, which adds another cost each year. If you want to earn Amazon rewards but aren’t interested in Prime, stick with the Amazon Rewards card.
Other cards to consider
Amazon has another credit card available with higher earning rates than the Amazon Rewards Visa. The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card earns 5% cash back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market; 2% at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores; 1% on all other purchases. This Visa card has a $0 annual fee and requires an Amazon Prime membership to qualify. You’ll get $70 amazon gift card upon approval.
There are other excellent cash back cards besides ones offered by Amazon, such as the Bank of America Cash Rewards card. New cardmembers can get $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. This Bank of America card has a $0 annual fee and comes with a 0% introductory APR on purchases for 15 billing cycles. It also has great rewards-earning potential, earning 3% cash back on the category of your choice; 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (on the first $2,500 spent each quarter in the 2% and 3% categories combined); and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
Earn a $60 Amazon gift card upon approval of credit card application
See how these cards compare:
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Get a $70 Amazon gift card upon approval
- 5% cash back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card
- $200 cash rewards bonus offer
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers
- 3% cash back on one category of your choice
- No annual fee