The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is one of the most robust credit card point programs available. When you’re a cardholder of an Ultimate Rewards card, you can quickly earn rewards and easily redeem them.
If you enjoy traveling, the Chase travel portal is a huge benefit — it’s simple to use and can be an excellent way to redeem your points. Here’s how to use the portal to maximize your rewards.
What is the Chase travel portal?
The travel portal is part of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program. The portal allows you to use your points to book hotels, flights, stays, rental cars, cruises, and unique experiences. It offers search functionality that's similar to Expedia and other online travel agency sites.
Many of the best travel credit cards from Chase can access the Chase travel portal, including:
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Bonus points: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Rewards: 5X points on flights and 10X points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually; 3X points on other travel and dining & 1X points per dollar on all other purchases.
- Benefits: You’ll get comprehensive benefits with the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, including a $300 annual travel credit, Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit, complimentary airport lounge access, travel insurance, two free years of Lyft Pink All Access (valued at $199/year, must activate by Dec. 31, 2024), and free DashPass benefits.
Learn more in our Chase Sapphire Reserve review.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening of account opening.
- Rewards: Earn 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®; 3X points on dining, select streaming services, and eligible online grocery purchases; 2X points on all other travel purchases, and 1X points per $1 on all other eligible purchases.
- Benefits: Chase Sapphire Preferred benefits include a $50 annual hotel credit on stays booked through Ultimate Rewards; travel insurance, such as auto rental insurance (primary coverage), lost luggage reimbursement, travel accident insurance, free DoorDash DashPass benefits, and more.
Learn more in our Chase Sapphire Preferred Card review.
Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Bonus: Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Rewards: Earn 5% cash back on rotating quarterly categories you activate (on up to $1,500 spent) and travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal; 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants (including takeout and eligible delivery service); and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Benefits: The Chase Freedom Flex has a $0 annual fee.
Learn more in our Chase Freedom Flex review.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Bonus: Earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back.
- Rewards: Earn 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards®, 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service and unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
- Benefits: The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card has a $0 annual fee.
Learn more in our Chase Freedom Unlimited review.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- Bonus: Earn 100k bonus points after you spend $8,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Rewards: Earn 3X points on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year; and 1X points per $1 on all other purchases.
- Benefits: With Ink Business Preferred, there are no foreign transaction fees, you’ll get select travel insurance coverage, and you’ll also get up to $600 in cell phone protection.
Learn more in our Ink Business Preferred Credit Card review.
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
- Bonus: Earn $900 bonus cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Rewards: Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year; 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year; and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Benefits: With Ink Business Cash, there’s no annual fee, and you can get additional employee credit cards at no cost. You’ll also get primary auto rental insurance and travel and emergency assistance services.
Learn more in our Ink Business Cash Credit Card review.
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
- Bonus: Earn $900 bonus cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Rewards: Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
- Benefits: With Ink Business Unlimited, there’s no annual fee, and you can get additional cards for your employees at no cost. You’ll also get primary auto rental insurance and travel and emergency assistance services.
Learn more in our Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card review.
How to use the Chase travel portal
Using the portal to book travel is one of the best ways to use your Ultimate Rewards points; just follow these six steps:
- Log into your credit card account: Log into your Chase account using your usual sign-in information. Once you’re logged in, click on the Ultimate Rewards box.
- Select your points: Next, choose which credit card account — and what points — you want to spend, if you have more than one.
- Enter the Chase travel portal: Once you select your points, you’ll be redirected to the portal. To book your travel, click on “Use Points,” then “Explore and Book Travel.”
- Choose your redemption options: Through the travel portal, you can redeem your points for vacation rentals, hotel stays, car rentals, flights, and more. Just select which category you want to book with your points. The portal has filters you can use to search for plans that fit your needs.
- Review bookings: Next, you’ll be asked to confirm your reservation. Make sure the details are correct, including the dates and number of people included. Once you’re satisfied, click on “Begin Checkout.”
- Enter payment information: You can use your points to pay for some or all of your trip. If you don’t have enough points to cover the total cost, you can use your credit card to pay for the remaining balance. Once you enter your information and submit, your booking is confirmed.
6 smart tips for using the Chase Travel Portal
You can use the Chase Travel Portal to book your travel arrangements using your points. To get the most value from your points, follow these six tips.
1. Combine points from multiple Chase credit cards
If you have more than one qualifying Chase rewards credit card, you can combine the points you earned with each card. This approach will give you more points to book your travel at once, simplifying the booking process. It even allows you to transfer cashback rewards to points, giving you more points for booking travel. All of the Ultimate Rewards cards are eligible for point transfers between credit cards.
To do so, log into your Chase Ultimate Rewards account and click on “Combine Points.”
You can transfer points between accounts and even transfer them to another account belonging to a member of your household. There’s no limit to how many times you can transfer points.
2. Qualify for Ultimate Rewards bonuses
Redeeming your points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards program can offer a better value for your points. That’s because your points are worth 25% to 50% more when booking through the portal with select cards.
For example, if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, your points are worth 50% more when redeemed for travel through the Chase Travel Portal. That means 60,000 points could be worth $900, while they’d only be worth $600 if redeemed for statement credits or gift cards.
3. Book Southwest flights via phone
You can use your Chase Ultimate Rewards points to book flights on Southwest Airlines. However, you can’t do so online; you have to book award flights over the phone. Just call the Chase Travel Center at 866-951-6592 to book your award ticket.
A transaction fee up to $20 may be charged for calling the Travel Center to book travel. The representative will let you know the exact service fee before you book.
4. Research local activities
With the travel portal, you can book more than just hotel stays and flights. You can also book unique activities, like sightseeing tours and hot-air balloon rides at your destination without blackout dates.
Depending on the location and the activity, booking an experience through Chase Ultimate Rewards could help you snag discounts.
5. You still get travel benefits
When you use your points to book your travel, you’re still covered by your card’s travel benefits. For example, if your credit card offers trip cancellation insurance or car rental coverage, you’re still entitled to those perks even though you used points to pay for your trip.
6. Earn loyalty program points and airline miles
In your travel portal account, you can enter your loyalty program information, including frequent flyer memberships and hotel partners. Going forward, it’s stored in the system, so you get credit for flight reservations and other purchases.
However, some regular and luxury hotels consider trips booked through the Chase Travel Portal to be third-party bookings similar to online travel agencies (OTAs), so your reservations may not earn you reward hotel points or count toward your loyalty program elite status.
Chase travel portal FAQ
Which credit cards give you access to the Chase portal?
The majority of non-co-branded Chase credit cards give you access to the Chase travel portal. This includes these rewards cards:
- Chase Freedom
- Chase Freedom Student
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
- Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Can you combine your points in the Chase portal?
You can combine your Chase Ultimate Rewards points when you log into your Chase online account and navigate to the Ultimate Rewards portal. Here you have an option to “Combine Points” between multiple Chase cards.
Can you transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points?
Yes, you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to over a dozen transfer partners. Points typically transfer at a 1:1 ratio. Travel partners include:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- British Airways Executive Club
- Emirates Skywards
- Flying Blue Air France KLM
- Iberia Plus
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Rapid Rewards
- United MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- World of Hyatt
- IHG Rewards
- Marriott Bonvoy
How many Chase Ultimate Rewards points do you need for a free flight?
The number of points you'll need for free airfare depends on how much the flight costs and which Chase card your points are on. For example, a $100 flight would typically cost 10,000 Ultimate Rewards points because each point is worth one cent toward travel redemptions.
But your travel redemptions are worth 25% more with the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and 50% more with the Chase Sapphire Reserve when you redeem though the portal. So 10,000 points would be worth $125 on the Chase Sapphire Preferred and $150 on the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Which cards have Chase Ultimate Rewards welcome offers?
Using Chase travel portal: bottom line
Americans who are Chase cardholders qualify for the Chase Ultimate Rewards program. If you're one, booking your travel through the Chase Travel Portal can be a smart idea. You can get more value for your points — up to 50% more — so you could get more bang for your buck. And by using the above tips, you can get the most value from your points and your card, so you can indulge during your next trip.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 18.24% - 28.24% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee applies to all balance transfers.
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it