These Secret Bank Accounts Pay up to 20x More Interest
Why You Should Care
You could earn up to 20x more interest by opening up a savings account with one of our favorite banks.
Ditch your low-earning checking account and open a high-interest savings account today. Many of these accounts offer up to 20x the national average interest rate, which can help your money grow faster than the average, boring checking account.
- Keep your money safe at a reputable institution where your deposit is protected by the Federal Government
- Simple account opening process – it's easy to get started!
- Some accounts have no minimum initial deposit and no monthly fees - like our recommended account from Barclays.
Stop Losing Out With Your Low-Interest Bank Account
Interest rates on checking accounts are at historic lows right now, which means you could be missing out on extra money. Many online banks today are paying up to 1.85% interest on savings accounts – that's 20x the national average!
These reputable banks are protected by the same institutions as your current bank, keeping your money safe and secure.
And, as a bonus, some of these online accounts offer great perks that other banks just can't match – like 24/7 access to your account or free ATM access worldwide. Goodbye, ATM fees!
By taking action and opening up an account today, you can feel good about making your money work harder for you.
Our Top 3 Accounts
Our experts at FinanceBuzz have researched dozens of savings accounts on the market to help you choose the best option for your unique situation. We based our rankings on overall interest rate, fees, ease of account opening, and other perks.
Here are our top 3 results.
1. Best for $10,000+ in Deposits
First up, the Barclays Online Savings Account. This account earns our top spot due to its high 1.85% interest rate that pays 20 times the national average! With a Barclays account, there are no minimum balances to open and no monthly maintenance fees.
An online savings account doesn't mean giving up great perks, either. You'll get secure, 24/7 online access to your funds, easy online transfers to and from other banks, and even direct deposit - just like a normal account, but with much higher interest!
2. Best for Less than $10,000 in Deposits
If you are looking to stash away some extra cash but still get a great interest rate, the accounts below are a great bet. These have little to no minimum opening balance or fees, and still come with all the perks and protections of regular savings account. Click through to see which option is best for you!
3. Best for ATM Access
The Aspiration Checking account claims a spot in our top three list for a few reasons. Their 1% interest checking account makes it one of the best in the country. Plus...
- You earn interest on your checking account balance. You will be paid 0.25% on balances up to $2,499.99 and 1.00% on the entirety of balances of $2,500 or more.
- You can use any ATM in the world, for free. Aspiration will not charge you an ATM fee. Even better, the account offers unlimited reimbursement of ATM fees charged by other banks within the U.S. and even overseas.
- The monthly fee can be $0. You decide how much you pay each month, and you can set that fee at $0.