As the seasons change, so do travel desires. With the arrival of autumn, there's no better time to plan a getaway and experience the beauty of this colorful season.
From the tranquil deserts of Palm Springs to the historic streets of Athens and the vibrant foliage of Upstate New York, these boutique accommodations offer unique experiences.
If you are ready to step up your travel game, here are eight new boutique hotels that cater to various tastes and preferences.
Earn a $250 travel bonus with this incredible card
There's a credit card that's making waves with its amazing bonus and benefits. The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card has no annual fee and you can earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
You can earn additional points just by using this card for your everyday purchases — unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases. The 25,000 bonus points can be redeemed for a $250 statement credit toward travel or dining purchases.
If you want to travel and dine out more, the Travel Rewards card can help you get where you want to go.
The best part? There's no annual fee.
Brown Spices (Athens, Greece)
Brown Spices is a boutique gem in Athens’ historic Psyrri neighborhood that combines modern luxury with ancient charm.
The 63-room hotel allows you to explore Mediterranean cuisine, a rooftop pool, a bar, and a spa.
Brown Spices is already open for bookings. Are you looking to keep more money in your wallet? Prices at this hotel are pretty affordable. Rates range from about $85 to about $150 per night.
Life House, Palm Springs (Palm Springs, California)
Nestled in the heart of the desert oasis of Palm Springs, California, Life House opened in September. It features a mid-century modern design with elements of Japanese minimalism.
Relax by the pool, sip cocktails, and enjoy the vibrant local art scene. Prices at this 66-room property range from about $190 per night to over $500 per night.
Romeo Roma (Rome)
Located near the famous Piazza del Popolo, the Romeo Roma is a 74-room hotel that offers opulent suites designed by Zaha Hadid Architects. Discover Rome's rich history and culture right outside the hotel’s front door, then return to your sumptuous sanctuary.
The hotel features a restaurant that is a collaboration with Michelin-starred chef Alain Ducasse. You will also find a plunge pool. Romeo Roma is scheduled to open by the end of 2023, and prices are not yet published.
If you’re over 50, take advantage of massive travel discounts and trip-planning resources
Over 50 and love traveling? Join AARP today — because if you’re not a member, you could be missing out on huge travel perks. When you start your membership today, you can get discounts on hotels and resorts, airfare, cruises, car rentals, and more.
How to become a member today:
- Go here, select your free gift, and click “Join Today”
- Create your account (important!) by answering a few simple questions
- Start enjoying your discounts and perks!
An AARP membership not only unlocks discounts that could save you hundreds on your next trip, but you’ll also have access to deals on vacation packages, guided tours, and exclusive content to help plan your next getaway.
Important: Start your membership by creating an account here and filling in all of the information (do not skip this step!). Doing so will allow you to take up to 25% off your AARP membership, making it just $12 per year with auto-renewal.
Hemlock Neversink (Upstate New York)
Surrounded by pristine nature, Hemlock Neversink is a cozy hideaway perfect for a fall retreat. This hotel sits on 230 acres of land and features a meadow-view gym, indoor pool and hot tub, saunas, and a sun deck.
You can explore hiking trails and experience the vibrant foliage of upstate New York. Hemlock Neversink opened in October, and nightly rates start at about $279.
The Radical (Asheville, North Carolina)
Immerse yourself in Asheville's artsy atmosphere at The Radical, a former 1920s cereal factory redesigned as a chic hotel with 70 guest rooms and suites.
The stunning new design features concrete pillars, exposed brick walls, and unique street art. The hotel is located in Asheville’s River Arts District, which is a must-see. The Radical opens in October, and nightly rates start at $428 per night.
Mollie Aspen (Aspen, Colorado)
Mollie Aspen is a retreat that offers a cozy fall escape. This 68-room boutique hotel features a mix of understated luxury and homey comfort, including natural woods, earthen ceramics, and hand-dyed textiles.
You’ll also enjoy a lobby bar and restaurant, an all-day cafe, a rooftop pool, and a terrace that transforms into a lounge by night.
Mollie Aspen's rustic-chic design and gourmet dining will undoubtedly delight. Mollie Aspen opens in December. Listed rates for January start at $764.
The Fifth Avenue Hotel (New York City)
Located in the heart of Manhattan's NoMad neighborhood, this historic hotel has been revitalized with a contemporary twist. The Martin Brudnizki Design Studio designed the hotel, which features 153 guest rooms and suites and a mirror-clad lobby.
The hotel includes terraces with views of iconic landmarks such as Madison Square Park and the Empire State Building. The Fifth Avenue Hotel was scheduled to open on Oct. 16. Prices had not yet been published.
The Rounds (Hunter, New York)
Scribner’s Catskill Lodge is unveiling The Rounds, which includes 11 private lodges.
Tucked away in the Catskill Mountains, these new lodges feature Japanese-inspired design. However, you might have to wait a bit to make a visit. The website says, “bookings are now open for 2024,” but a “coming soon” message greets you at The Rounds portion of the site.
Whether you're seeking a relaxing escape in the heart of nature, a cultural immersion in a historic city, or a luxurious urban retreat, these eight new boutique hotels have something for every traveler.
As you plan your next adventure, earn travel rewards by booking your stay with your favorite credit cards at one of these boutique hotels for a truly distinctive and immersive travel experience.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire as long as your account remains open.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 18.24% - 28.24% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee applies to all balance transfers.
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards® member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it