If you’re looking for a business credit card that has generous bonus rewards for many common business-related purchases, the Ink Business Cash Credit Card may be just the right card for you.
With no annual fee and a generous sign-up bonus, this card is a solid choice, even if you aren’t necessarily a big spender. Multiple bonus rewards categories also make racking up points easy, but be aware of spending caps for the most generous bonus rewards.
Up to 5% Cash Back
Who should get this card?
The Ink Business Cash Credit Card can be an ideal choice if the bulk of your business spending is on internet, cable, phone services, and office supplies — categories which offer 5% cash back on the first $25,000 you spend each year.
If you want a no-hassle card, this is also a great option. The rewards program is simple and easy to use and points can be redeemed for cash back, gift cards, or other purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards. Plus, there’s no annual fee for these perks.
If you have employees, this card offers additional employee cards for free. But if you or your staff travel abroad regularly, another Ink Credit Card might be a better option since this one has a 3% foreign transaction fee you’ll pay when purchasing items outside of the U.S. Big spenders may also wish to look elsewhere due to caps on bonus rewards you can earn.
|Intro Bonus||Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening|
|Recommended Credit Score||Excellent, Good|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%|
Top card benefits
- Generous welcome bonus: Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Bonus rewards: Earn 5% cash back at office supply stores & on internet, cable, or phone services (up to $25,000 annually), 2% cash back at gas stations & restaurants (up to $25,000 annually); 1% cash back on everything else.
- Additional cards for staff: Employee cards are free, and you can set individual spending limits for workers when you provide them with a card.
- No annual fee: Unlike other business cards that may provide more generous cardholder perks, the Ink Business Cash Credit Card has no annual fee for being a cardmember.
- Primary car rental insurance: When renting a vehicle for business purposes, Chase provides comprehensive auto rental collision coverage. This coverage is primary, which means you don’t have to make a claim with another insurer before Chase covers you. Most cars rented in the U.S. and abroad are covered, as long as you charge the entire rental cost to your card.
Earning & redeeming
Best ways to earn cash back
You can maximize the cash back earned with your Ink Business Cash Credit Card by shopping at office supply stores, investing in telecommunications services, and using your card at restaurants and gas stations.
Points can easily be redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards, not just for cash but also for gift cards, travel, and even merchandise.
|Office supply stores; internet, cable, and phone services||5% cash back (on first $25,000 spent annually)|
|Gas stations, restaurants||2% cash back (on first $25,000 spent annually)|
|Everything else||1% cash back|
Maximizing your redemptions
Getting cash back as a statement credit gives you the most flexibility, as your spending rewards can be used to reduce your bill. But Chase Ultimate Rewards also gives you many other options for redemption, including redeeming for travel or merchandise.
You can also boost the rewards you’re able to earn by maxing out the bonus categories or adding employees to your card account as authorized users, since their purchases will help you earn cash back as well.
Does the Chase Ink Business Cash earn Ultimate Rewards?
Though the Ink Business Cash is a cashback credit card, you also have the option to redeem the cash back you earn for travel or merchandise through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
To use Ultimate Rewards: Log into your account, then choose to shop with Apple or Amazon, buy gift cards to nearly 200 stores, book travel, transfer points to travel partners, and more. You can also get up to 150 bonus points when shopping at more than 350 different stores.
What are Chase Ink Business Cash points worth?
Points earned with the Ink Business Cash Credit Card are generally worth $0.01 each, but redemption values may vary depending on what you use your points for.
What counts as an office supply store to earn bonus rewards for the Chase Ink Business Cash?
Chase defines office supply stores as those that specialize in selling office supplies. Office Max, Office Depot, or Staples likely fit this bill. Stores that sell mostly general goods — even if they also sell office items — likely won’t qualify for the bonus rewards. Department stores or electronics sellers, for instance, fall into this category. Similarly, merchants that specialize in just a few big office necessities, such as office furniture or photocopiers, likely won’t qualify.
How do you redeem Ink Business Cash rewards?
With the Ink Business Cash Credit Card, you have a choice for how to redeem your rewards. You can redeem for cash back as a statement credit applied to your balance, have your cash back deposited directly to most checking and savings accounts, buy gift cards, shop with points at Amazon, or redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Other credit cards to consider
Up to 5% Cash Back
Ink Business Cash Credit Card
Ink Business Cash Credit Card
Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
See how these cards compare:
SimplyCash Plus Business Card from American Express
- 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and U.S. wireless telephone service providers
- 0.0% intro APR offer on purchases
- Baggage insurance plan
- No annual fee
Capital One Spark Cash for Business
- $500 one-time early spend bonus offer
- 2% unlimited cash back
- Free employee cards
- No foreign transaction fee