If you want a simple business card with a $0 annual fee and easy ways to earn rewards, take a look at the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card.
Unlike other business cards, you don’t need to worry about tracking bonus rewards categories or caps on the rewards you can earn. You simply earn a flat unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
Let’s explore our Chase Ink Business Unlimited review to see if this business credit card is a good fit for you.
Unlimited Cash Back
- We think the Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card makes sense if you want a $0-annual-fee card and a simple rewards rate.
- The Chase Ink Unlimited earns unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
- You can also take advantage of an intro APR offer on purchases. You can receive 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases (then 18.49% - 24.49% Variable). There is no intro APR offer on balance transfers.
Who should get the Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card?
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card is an ideal choice when your business spending isn’t focused on any one particular category, such as dining or office supply purchases.
Unlike other business cards that may give you 3% or more back for gas, restaurants, travel, telecommunications, or other specific bonus categories — and only 1% for everything else — the Ink Business Unlimited just gives you a flat unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
If you have a lot of business expenses, you’ll appreciate the fact that there are no spending limits on the cash back you can earn. Plus, the 0% intro APR for new purchases means you won’t have to worry about paying off your balance for 12 months after account opening. Just be sure to pay off the card before that intro rate expires, otherwise, you could be stuck with interest fees once the regular APR of 18.49% - 24.49% Variable kicks in.
If you have big business purchases pending, this cashback card might be the ideal choice — especially since you can earn a $900 cash bonus by spending $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after account opening.
|Credit card network||Visa|
|Welcome offer||Earn $900 bonus cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening|
|Reward rate||Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
|Recommended credit score||Excellent, Good|
|Intro APR||0% for 12 months on purchases (then 18.49% - 24.49% Variable)|
|Foreign transaction fee||3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars|
Ink Business Unlimited benefits and perks
- Generous welcome offer: Earn $900 bonus cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- $0 annual fee: A lot of business credit card offers might seem lucrative, but those cards also come with a hefty annual fee. This is not the case with the Ink Business Unlimited card.
- Introductory APR offer: New cardholders can receive 0% intro APR for 12 months on purchases (then 18.49% - 24.49% Variable). Remember to watch out for the variable APR after the intro APR offer ends.
- Simple rewards program: This flat-rate rewards card makes life easy. You can earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
- Flexible rewards redemption options: The Ink Business Unlimited effectively earns you both cashback rewards and travel rewards. That's because you can redeem rewards earned with this card through the Chase Ultimate Rewards program for cash back (as a statement credit or deposited directly into a bank account), travel, merchandise, or gift cards.
- Free cards for employees: Equip your staff with cards at no additional cost and even set individual limits on spending for each employee card. The ability to get free employee cards can be a big perk for small business owners especially.
Travel coverage: Use helpful travel benefits with rental cars and more. That includes an auto rental collision damage waiver for car rentals, roadside dispatch, and emergency assistance services.
Purchase protections: Take advantage of purchase and extended warranty protections. The extended warranty card benefit extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer's warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less.
Combine Chase points: You can combine Chase points between eligible Chase credit cards. For example, you could transfer points from your Ink Business Unlimited to an Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card and benefit from a 25% increased bonus to travel redemptions made through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Drawbacks of this card
- Foreign transaction fee: If you or your employees will be traveling overseas, then this card may not be a fit for you. It has a foreign transaction fee of 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
- No lucrative rewards bonus categories: You earn the same rate on all eligible purchases, which means no bonus rewards from filling up at the gas station or buying goods at office supply stores. For these types of spending categories, you would need a different business card.
Earning & redeeming Chase Ultimate Rewards points
Best ways to earn
The easy rewards program is one of the best features of the Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card. Unlike other cards, which may offer 1% cash back on most purchases and bonus cash back on a few select categories, you simply receive unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase with the Ink Business Unlimited.
Though there is one exception: with this card, you can also earn 5% cash back on Lyft rides through March 2025.
Plus, there’s no cap on how much cash back you can earn, so you can spend as much as you’d like on your card and get fully rewarded for each dollar you charge. You earn your cash back in the form of Chase Ultimate Rewards, but that's a good thing as they are a very powerful form of credit card rewards.
Maximizing your redemptions
Redeeming points is also simple with the Ink Business Unlimited. You can opt for cash back as a statement credit, which gives you maximum flexibility since you can then use your rewards to reduce the cost of any new purchases you make. If you’d prefer to redeem for travel, merchandise, or gift cards, you can do that, too, through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
If you also have the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve®, or Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, then you can also change your cashback rewards into lucrative travel rewards. That's because you can transfer rewards earned with your Ink Business Unlimited card over to one of these other cards. This also allows you access to all of Chase's transfer partners and you can get a higher redemption value for each of your points when redeemed through the Chase travel portal as well.
Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card FAQs
Do Chase business credit cards count toward the 5/24 rule?
When it comes to opening Chase credit cards, there’s an unofficial guideline commonly called the 5/24 rule. It gets its name because those who have opened five or more new credit cards over a 24-month period are unlikely to be approved for any Chase card. Chase business cards do count towards the 5/24 rule, and in fact, opening a credit card from any credit card issuer will count toward your five card limit — even if those cards aren’t from Chase.
Does a Chase business credit card report to personal credit?
While Chase indicates it may report your business credit cards on your personal credit report, some cardmembers indicate their business credit card doesn’t show up when they check their individual reports. This is one of the reason Chase business credit cards can unlock more options for you if you're dealing with the 5/24 rule.
Is there such a thing as an “unlimited” credit card?
Credit cards generally all have limits on how much you can spend. But there are cards that really do provide unlimited rewards without caps. The Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card will impose a credit limit as far as the credit line you are extended, but it doesn’t impose any limits on your cashback rewards for using the card.
Which Chase Ink business card is the best credit card?
The answer to which Chase Ink business credit card is the best one really depends on you. Every business owner will have different business expenses and a different lifestyle as well. If you are looking for cashback rewards with bonus points for your business expenses, then the Ink Business Cash might be your best choice. This is especially true if a lot of your spending happens at office supply stores. If you are looking for purchase protection and travel coverages, then the Chase Ink Business Preferred will be the card for you.
What credit score do you need for the Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card?
For a business owner to qualify for the Ink Business Unlimited, you typically need a good or excellent credit score. That’s at least a 670 score, according to the FICO scoring model.
Other cards to consider
The Ink Business Unlimited is a great option if you’re looking for a straightforward rewards credit card, but there are other options that may provide more value depending on your spending habits.
The American Express Blue Business Cash Card has a higher rewards rate compared to the Ink Business Unlimited. But new cardholders typically don’t have the opportunity to earn a standard welcome bonus. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers
Learn more in The American Express Blue Business Cash Card review.
The Chase Ink Business Cash provides loads of bonus categories that could prove valuable depending on your business expenses. If your business spending aligns with the bonus categories, you could earn much more rewards compared to using the Ink Business Unlimited.
Learn more in our Ink Business Cash Credit Card review.
Unlimited Cash Back
See how these cards compare:
The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening. After that, a variable APR of 18.49% to 26.49%
- Earn 2% points at eligible purchases on up to $50,000 spent each year, after that 1%
- No annual fee. Terms apply,
- See rates and fees | Terms Apply
Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
- Earn $900 bonus cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 annual fee
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months (then 18.49% - 24.49% Variable)
- Up to 5% cash back