The Responsive Auto Insurance Company is a provider of auto insurance that only operates in Florida. Founded in 2007, the company has a good reputation for the coverage options it offers to drivers in the Sunshine State. However, some negative online reviews mention difficulties in getting auto claims processed.
Let's take a closer look at what the Responsive Auto Insurance Company can provide you with to help you determine whether or not it's a good company to consider for your auto insurance needs in Florida.
- The Responsive Auto Insurance Company: Is it worth it?
- What is the Responsive Auto Insurance Company?
- What insurance does the Responsive Auto Insurance Company offer?
- The Responsive Auto Insurance Company: How cheap is it?
- How to get an insurance quote from the Responsive Auto Insurance Company
- The Responsive Auto Insurance Company FAQs
- Bottom line
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company: Is it worth it?
|Our verdict: The Responsive Auto Insurance Company can be a good choice for drivers in South Florida. It offers coverage options such as liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage, with discounts available. However, it is only available in the Sunshine State, and some customers have reported problems with their claim process. It’s best to explore all your options and compare insurance rates before committing to one company.|
What is the Responsive Auto Insurance Company?
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Plantation, Florida, with a satellite office in Miami Lakes, Florida. The company’s stated goal is to raise the bar for customer service within the auto insurance industry. They do this by only allowing you to get quotes for auto insurance through an agent rather than through a call center or online.
The insurer has over 250 customer reviews on Google, with an average rating of just above four out of five stars. Customers seem mostly happy with the service provided. However, the claims process does not provide the result the insured had hoped for, or the insurer cancels or does not renew an insured individual’s policy.
The company currently serves the state of Florida, with about 800 agents located in South Florida around West Palm Beach, Miami, and Homestead. Only two agents are located outside this area. One in Cape Coral and the second in Marathon, one of the Florida Keys. Since you must get a quote through an agent, this limits the company’s car insurance to certain areas in Florida.
Responsive Auto Insurance works exclusively with independent insurance agencies, and it claims to carefully select its agency partners. Independent insurance agencies typically work with several insurance companies, not just Responsive, so meeting with an agent may help you find coverage that meets your needs, even if it’s not with Responsive.
|Types of coverage||
|Where you can use it||The Responsive Auto Insurance Company website|
Available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. ET to 7:30 p.m. ET
Available Saturday from 9:00 a.m. ET to 1 p.m. ET
|Availability||Only available in Florida|
What insurance does the Responsive Auto Insurance Company offer?
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company offers seven types of auto insurance coverage. The first two are required by law, and the rest are optional, depending on your needs. The coverages you can get are:
- Personal injury protection (PIP): This insurance helps to cover your medical expenses in an accident, no matter who is at fault. It may also cover some lost wages and reimburse you for the costs of driving to doctor visits.
- Property damage liability (PD): If you or another driver on your policy is at fault in an accident, this liability insurance coverage helps to pay for damage to another person’s vehicle or property (subject to coverage limits).
- Bodily injury liability (BI): This coverage helps to pay for others’ injury costs if you or another driver on your policy is at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive: This coverage helps to cover damage to your car from random acts of nature or events beyond your control, such as a hailstorm or theft.
- Collision: If your vehicle gets damaged in a collision with another car or object, this coverage assists in paying for repairs to your vehicle. Policies that have liability coverage, comprehensive coverage, and collision coverage are sometimes referred to as full coverage policies.
- Uninsured motorist (UM): If you aren’t at fault in an accident and the other motorist doesn't have sufficient insurance, uninsured motorist coverage may pay for medical and other injury-related costs.
- Towing: Receive up to $75 reimbursement for towing fees or service costs when your car is disabled. Responsive limits this to one tow or road service per incident, but there’s no limit on the number of claims each year.
- Rental car reimbursement: Get reimbursed for rental car costs, up to the policy limits, when your car is disabled due to a covered collision or comprehensive claim.
These coverage options are only available in Florida since it’s the only state the Responsive Auto Insurance Company operates in. The company doesn’t offer any other types of insurance aside from auto insurance.
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company: How cheap is it?
If you’re looking for ways to save money on car insurance with the Responsive Auto Insurance Company, you should familiarize yourself with their discounts. The company offers eight discounts you may qualify for, depending on your situation.
How to find discounts
You would need to speak to an agent o find out what discounts you qualify for. But the Responsive Auto Insurance Company offers these eight discounts:
- Quick pay discount: Available if you pay in automatic monthly installments by ACH or debit card instead of paying in full.
- Paid-in-full discount: Available if you pay your entire six-month or annual policy premium upfront.
- Transfer discount: Available if you transfer to this company after having three years or more of insured driving history with no gaps or cancellations in the six months before transferring.
- Renewal discount: Available to qualifying customers with no accidents or major moving violations during the past three years with no lapses in coverage during the current policy period.
- Vehicle feature discount: If your vehicle includes anti-lock brakes, airbags, or anti-theft devices, this discount may be available depending on features and your coverage.
- Safe driver discount: Available if listed drivers have had no traffic violations or accidents in the prior three years.
- Multi-car discount: Available if insuring more than one car on your policy.
- Homeowner discount: Customers who own and reside in a home, condo, or mobile home in Florida.
How to maximize savings
To maximize your savings with the Responsive Auto Insurance Company, consider the following:
- Bundle your car policies: Instead of having several auto insurance policies within one family, policyholders can consider adding more than one car to the same policy. This should meet the requirement for this discount.
- Check for discounts with every renewal: Ask your Reponsive insurance agent to check if you qualify for any more discounts every time you renew your policy. Changes in your life or policy may qualify you for additional discounts.
- Choose a higher deductible: Increasing your deductible typically lowers your monthly premium. However, keep in mind that this increases your financial responsibility should you have an accident.
- Maintain a good driving record: A clean driving record can help you get a lower rate on your auto insurance policy. Practice safe driving to maintain a clean record or improve your current record.
How to get an insurance quote from the Responsive Auto Insurance Company
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company only allows you to get a quote only through one of their partner agents. You can’t get a quote online, but the company has over 800 independent agents in Florida, most of them are located between West Palm Beach and Homestead, south of Miami.
Before reaching out to an agent, make sure you have the following information ready:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license information
- Desired coverage levels
- Information about your vehicles, including vehicle identification numbers (VINs)
- Driving history
- Information from your current or previous auto insurance policy
Once you have this information, you can find a local agent by following these steps:
- Go to the Responsive Auto Insurance Company website and choose to find an agent from the auto insurance dropdown menu.
- Enter your address or ZIP code to find the nearest agent.
- Use the agent’s phone number or address to get in touch with them and receive a quote.
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company FAQs
How much do you have to pay monthly for Responsive Auto Insurance?
Like other auto insurance providers, Responsive Auto Insurance likely uses several factors during underwriting to determine your insurance rates. These factors may include:
- Coverage selected
- Type of vehicle insured
- Usage of vehicles
- Where you live
- Driving record
- Credit information
- Discounts qualified for
What’s the difference between the premium and the deductible?
The premium is the amount you pay for your auto insurance coverage. It may be paid once every six months, monthly, or at other regular intervals.
A car insurance deductible is the amount of money you’re responsible for paying before your auto insurance starts covering a claim. If you have a $500 deductible and only $400 of damage is done, you cover it all yourself. If you have a $600 claim, you’d cover $500 and receive $100 from your auto insurance company.
What’s the difference between a “no-fault” and a “tort” state?
In a no-fault state, each driver’s own insurance pays for their injuries in small claims whether you or the other person caused the accident. In a tort state, you may sue to recover damages and medical costs.
How do you contact the Responsive Auto Insurance Company?
Once you have a policy, you can contact your Responsive Auto Insurance agent for assistance. You can also contact Responsive directly at 1-866-300-0080. Customer service is available from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. ET to 7:30 p.m. ET and Saturdays from 9 a.m. ET to 1 p.m. ET. The claims department is available from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. ET to 6 p.m. ET and Saturdays from 9 a.m. ET to 1 p.m. ET.
Unlike other insurance companies, you can’t file a claim online. You’ll need to gather your information and call claims at the phone number listed above. You’ll speak to a claims representative, who will assign a claims adjuster to you to assist with your claim.
Now that you understand how the Responsive Auto Insurance Company works and the types of coverage it offers, you can reach out to one of their agents to get a quote. If you don’t feel this company is the best fit for your needs, or if you want to compare your options, you can check out this list of the best car insurance companies for alternatives.
FinanceBuzz researches a number of factors in each auto insurance provider to create our reviews. These factors include cost and discounts, complaints and customer satisfaction, coverage, and ease of use. We also gather information from sources such as J.D. Power, AM Best, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to ensure we provide the most useful information to our readers.