Figuring out what auto insurance you need can feel overwhelming. You have several types of coverage to choose from, and each coverage adds additional costs. While you could get a quote online or through a call center, you may prefer getting personal attention and advice from a dedicated auto insurance agent.
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company exclusively offers its products through its network of agents. Is it a good choice for you? Learn more in this Responsive Auto Insurance review.
- What is The Responsive Auto Insurance Company?
- What insurance does The Responsive Auto Insurance Company offer?
- How to get an insurance quote from The Responsive Auto Insurance Company
- How to maximize your savings with The Responsive Auto Insurance Company
- What people are saying about The Responsive Auto Insurance Company
- The Responsive Auto Insurance Company FAQs
- Bottom line
What is The Responsive Auto Insurance Company?
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Plantation, Florida, with a satellite office in Miami Lakes, Florida. The company’s stated goal is to raise the bar for customer service within the auto insurance industry. They do this by only allowing you to get quotes for auto insurance through an agent rather than through a call center or online.
The company currently serves the state of Florida and only has agents located in South Florida. Since you must get a quote through an agent, this limits the company’s car insurance to this area.
Responsive Auto Insurance works exclusively with independent insurance agencies, and it claims to carefully select its agency partners. Independent insurance agencies typically work with several insurance companies, not just Responsive, so meeting with an agent could help you find coverage that meets your needs, even if it’s not with Responsive.
What insurance does The Responsive Auto Insurance Company offer?
The insurer provides seven types of auto insurance coverage. The first two are required by law and the others are optional, depending on your needs. These include:
- Personal injury protection (PIP): This insurance helps to cover your medical expenses in an accident no matter who is at fault. It may also cover some lost wages and reimburse you for the costs of driving to doctor visits.
- Property damage liability (PD): If you or another driver on your policy is at fault in an accident, this liability insurance coverage helps to pay for damage to another person’s vehicle or property (subject to coverage limits).
- Bodily injury liability (BI): This coverage helps to pay for others’ injury costs if you or another driver on your policy is at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive: This coverage helps to cover damage to your car from random acts of nature or events beyond your control, such as a hailstorm or theft.
- Collision: If your vehicle gets damaged in a collision with another car or object, this coverage assists in paying for repairs to your vehicle. Policies that have liability coverage, comprehensive coverage, and collision coverage are sometimes referred to as full coverage policies.
- Uninsured motorist (UM): If you aren’t at fault in an accident and the other motorist doesn't have sufficient insurance, uninsured motorist coverage may pay for medical and other injury-related costs.
- Towing: Receive up to $75 reimbursement for towing fees or service costs when your car is disabled. Responsive limits this to one tow or road service per incident, but there’s no limit on the number of claims each year.
- Rental car reimbursement: Get reimbursed for rental car costs, up to the policy limits, when your car is disabled due to a covered collision or comprehensive claim.
How to get an insurance quote from The Responsive Auto Insurance Company
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company allows you to get a quote only through one of their partner agencies. You can’t get a quote online or over the phone with a Responsive call center, but you may be able to get a phone quote through a local agent.
Whenever you’re looking for an auto insurance quote, you should have the following information ready to provide an insurance agent:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license information
- Desired coverage levels
- Information about your vehicles, including vehicle identification numbers (VINs)
- Driving history
- Information from your current or previous auto insurance policy
How to maximize your savings with The Responsive Auto Insurance Company
If you’re looking for ways to save money on car insurance with The Responsive Auto Insurance Company, you should familiarize yourself with their discounts. Depending on your policy and situation, you may qualify for some of the following discounts:
- Quick pay discount: Available if you pay in automatic monthly installments by ACH or debit card instead of paying in full.
- Paid-in-full discount: Available if you pay your entire six-month or annual policy premium upfront.
- Transfer discount: Available if you transfer to this company after having three years or more of insured driving history with no gaps or cancellations in the six months before transferring.
- Renewal discount: Available to qualifying customers with no accidents or major moving violations during the past three years with no lapses in coverage during the current policy period.
- Vehicle feature discount: If your vehicle includes anti-lock brakes, airbags, or anti-theft devices, this discount may be available depending on features and your coverage.
- Safe driver discount: Available if listed drivers have had no traffic violations or accidents in the prior three years.
- Multi-car discount: Available if insuring more than one car on your policy.
- Homeowner discount: Customers who own and reside in a home, condo, or mobile home in Florida.
What people are saying about The Responsive Auto Insurance Company
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company has been in business for 14 years and a Better Business Bureau (BBB) member since 2015, according to the BBB. The company has only received two complaints from policyholders through the BBB over the last three years and has a rating of A+.
The insurer has over 250 customer reviews on Google, with an average rating of just above four out of five stars. Customers seem mostly happy with the service provided unless one of the company’s agents aren’t available, the claims process does not provide the result the insured had hoped for, or the insurer cancels or does not renew an insured individual’s policy.
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company FAQs
How much do you have to pay monthly for Responsive Auto Insurance?
Like other auto insurance providers, Responsive Auto Insurance likely uses several factors during underwriting to determine your insurance rates. These factors may include:
- Coverage selected
- Type of vehicle insured
- Usage of vehicles
- Where you live
- Driving record
- Credit information
- Discounts qualified for
What’s the difference between the premium and the deductible?
The premium is the amount you pay for your auto insurance coverage. It may be paid once every six months, monthly, or at other regular intervals.
A car insurance deductible is the amount of money you’re responsible for paying before your auto insurance starts covering a claim. If you have a $500 deductible and only $400 of damage is done, you cover it all yourself. If you have a $600 claim, you’d cover $500 and receive $100 from your auto insurance company.
What’s the difference between a “no-fault” and a “tort” state?
In a no-fault state, each driver’s own insurance pays for their injuries in small claims whether you or the other person caused the accident. In a tort state, you may sue to recover damages and medical costs.
How do you contact The Responsive Auto Insurance Company?
Once you have a policy, you can contact your Responsive Auto Insurance agent for assistance. You can also contact Responsive directly at 1-866-300-0080. Customer service is available Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The claims department is available Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Unlike other insurance companies, you can’t file a claim online. You’ll need to gather your information and call claims at the phone number listed above. You’ll speak to a claims representative, who will assign a claims adjuster to you to assist with your claim.
Now that you understand how The Responsive Auto Insurance Company works and the types of coverage it offers, you can reach out to one of their agents to get a quote. If you don’t feel this company is the best fit for your needs, or if you want to compare your options, you can check out this list of the best car insurance companies for alternatives.