Happy Meals are a McDonald’s staple, and even adults enjoy these smaller-portioned meals and their collectible toys. But now, you can grab an adult Happy Meal for a limited time at McDonald’s, complete with a throwback toy that you won’t want to miss.
Eliminate your late tax debt
Each year, the IRS forgives millions in unpaid taxes. If you have more than $10,000 in tax debt, or have 3+ years of unfiled taxes, you could get forgiveness too. You might be eligible to lower the amount you owe, or eliminate your tax debt completely.
Easy Tax Relief could help you lower or get out of your tax debt for good. They’re well respected in the industry and have been recognized for their ethical standards when dealing with tax debt. While most tax companies just put you on a payment plan and file your taxes for you, Easy Tax Relief talks to the IRS directly. They can help you pay off your tax debt faster while potentially reducing what you owe.
Important: Not everyone will qualify. To take advantage of this special program you must owe more than $10,000 in past-due taxes.
History of the Happy Meal
Though many won’t remember a time without this menu must-have, the Happy Meal first appeared in the late 70s. Originally, these kids’ meals offered a burger, small fries, a packet of cookies, a small drink, and a toy. Over the years, McDonald’s has collaborated with many notable brands to offer exclusive toys for their Happy Meals. Many of these had items that would become collectibles with enthusiasts, like Beanie Babies and Potato Head Kids.
The Kerwin Frost collaboration
McDonald’s has partnered with celebrity Kerwin Frost for a one-of-a-kind offering: the adult Happy Meal, or the Kerwin Frost Box. This meal includes your choice of 10-piece Chicken McNuggets® or a Big Mac®, World Famous Fries®, a soft drink, and a special McNugget Buddy collectible in a colorful box. If you were a McDonald’s fan growing up, then you no doubt remember these little McNugget Buddies in their commercials and toys.
Where can you find them?
Select locations have this Kerwin Frost Box, so you can check their website or app to see if any local McDonald’s have these adult Happy Meals. They began rolling out in stores worldwide beginning on December 11, and they’re only available while supplies last. Be sure to grab one of these boxes and its collector’s toy while you can!
The verdict on the adult Happy Meal
My local Kerwin Frost Box came with the Big Mac rather than the option for McNuggets. I ordered the medium fries and drink to go with it, which cost $12.99. That might be a great way to save money on dinner these days. The typical Big Mac meal is $10.39 locally with the same size fries and drink, so the $2.60 difference essentially covers the McNugget Buddy toy and colorful Happy Meal-style box. The Kerwin Frost McNugget Buddies come in six different styles with mix-and-match outfits. According to the McDonald’s website, they are:
- Kerwin Frost: "The mayor of Frost Way is a true champion of the Buddies and encourages them to be themselves. In his free time, catch him adding art to his collection or fixing things around the neighborhood."
- Don Bernice: "The wise stylist, an experienced fashion designer who creates all the outfits for the Buddies in Frost Way, while also offering stern advice (that’s always nice). After all, she is 'don,' the very best."
- Uptown Moe: "The neighborhood hero, the no-nonsense, street-smart, supportive guy from around the block in Frost Way everyone knows and loves. He also gives the best motivational speeches on a whim."
- Waffutu: "The curious optimist, who grew up in Frost Way and was raised by the whole neighborhood. She spreads positivity wherever she goes and can turn any frown upside down with the wave of a wand and tilt of a crown."
- BRRRICK: "The cool guy, the most adventurous Buddy in Frost Way who speaks in puns, loves trying new things and techno music. He’s lowkey nervous, but always cool under pressure."
- Darla: "The dreamer, a soft-spoken yet peacefully confident singer who moved to Frost Way to pursue her dream of becoming a superstar as the lead singer of 'The Frostettos.' When she’s not on stage, she’s running the local McDonald’s in Frost Way, where she’s an employee of the month every month."
Overall, is the purchase worth it? If you’re nostalgic for the days of Happy Meals and McNugget Buddies, then those extra few dollars just might be. However, if you’re just looking for a quick and inexpensive lunch, try searching through the deals on the McDonald’s app to save a few dollars.
This limited-time adult Happy Meal might just make you feel like a kid again, but the price tag sure won’t. It can be a fun way to inject some nostalgia into your day, especially if you want to add the McNugget Buddies to your stash of collectible toys.
More from FinanceBuzz: