Car insurance can be expensive, and this simple fact alone is enough to make owning a car feel out of reach. Not only will you likely have to make payments on the car itself — plus gas and maintenance — but you’ll also pay several hundred dollars per month for insurance. And all of this is on top of your other bills.
But car insurance doesn’t have to cost you quite so much. In fact, with the right tools at your fingertips, such as Provide Insurance, you could save on your monthly insurance payments. Here’s everything you need to know about saving money with Provide Insurance.
Get quotes from multiple insurance providers without your credit being affected and without a lot of hassle.
- Save up to $610 on your car insurance
- Compare insurance providers in less than 5 minutes
- A fast, free and easy way to shop for insurance
What is Provide Insurance?
Provide Insurance is a car insurance marketplace owned and operated by EverQuote, Inc. EverQuote is the company behind several insurance marketplaces that also operates multiple brands promoting homeowner and life insurance savings. According to the company, these brands collectively comprise “America’s largest insurance marketplace” by connecting millions of consumers with insurance providers in the company’s network.
The company was founded in 2008 by current CEO Seth Birnbaum and CTO Tomas Revesz, under the name AdHarmonics, rebranding to EverQuote in 2011 after launching its first online insurance marketplace. EverQuote has since focused on providing affordable and transparent insurance options.
How does Provide Insurance work?
Provide Insurance is a free — and commitment-free — way to simultaneously get auto insurance quotes from several leading providers. To start, you can simply fill out the online form with some basic profile information. This will include things such as your zip code, current insurance coverage, and the number of cars you’re looking to insure.
It should take you less than two minutes to complete your profile with Provide Insurance. Based on the information you share, the company will connect you with several top auto insurance providers in your area. You’ll receive quotes and packages from auto insurers within minutes via phone or email.
One thing we love about shopping with Provide Insurance is that because the company functions solely as a marketplace, you’re never obligated to purchase anything. Provide will connect you with insurance agents who will try to sell you packages, but it won’t push you to purchase. Instead, you’ll receive several top auto insurance quotes and packages to your inbox and be able to start comparing offers to find one that’s good for you.
How to maximize your savings with Provide Insurance
Saving money on car insurance isn’t just about choosing the right car insurance company. It’s also about making smart choices along the way. Here are some additional tips that can help you save even more on your auto insurance.
- Maintain a safe driving record. Because insurance policies are all about risk assessment, your driving history and driving habits may factor into your overall rate. Your auto insurance rates will likely be cheaper if you have a record of safe driving.
- Avoid buying a flashy car. Sure, we all like to look good in our new cars. But if your car seems more equipped for the racetrack than your morning commute, you can bet that you’ll probably pay more to insure it.
- Improve your credit score. Another way to save on auto insurance is by improving your credit score. Insurance providers look at creditworthiness when determining rates.
- Become a loyal customer. As with any other company, insurance providers appreciate repeat business from policyholders. If you’re also on the market for home insurance, renters insurance, or life insurance, or if you have multiple cars to insure, your agent may cut you a deal for bundling your policies or purchasing more insurance products with them.
- Shop around. This is what makes Provide Insurance such a great resource. Rather than individually reaching out to multiple auto insurance companies in your area to research coverage options, you can complete your online profile with Provide (just once) to receive several car insurance quotes from local insurers, and then use these to shop around for the best deal.
FAQs about Provide Insurance
Is Provide Insurance a free service?
Provide Insurance is 100% free to use. It’s also commitment-free, which means you aren’t required to purchase an insurance plan through one of its partner providers. However, if you do decide to apply for a car insurance policy with a partner provider, you'll need to pay a deductible and monthly premiums or annual premiums as you would with any other auto insurance policy.
Is Provide Insurance a reputable company?
Provide Insurance is a reputable company owned and operated by EverQuote, Inc., which has been in business since 2008.
Which insurance companies does Provide work with?
Provide works with a long list of some of the best car insurance companies, including small local providers as well as big names such as Progressive, Esurance, Farmers Insurance, Nationwide, The Hartford, and AAA.
How long does it take to find insurance with Provide?
It takes only a few minutes to complete the company’s online form and start receiving auto insurance quotes from top local providers.
What types of auto insurance does Provide offer?
The types of insurance that Provide offers will likely vary based on its partner's insurance options. Common types of insurance coverage include comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection, bodily injury and property damage liability, and roadside assistance.
Keep in mind that your auto insurance needs will likely vary based on your preferences and geographic location. For instance, Florida only requires that you have property damage liability and personal injury protection coverage; while Georgia requires that you have bodily injury and property damage liability.
How to get started with Provide Insurance
To start finding the best car insurance rates and coverage with Provide Insurance, simply head to the website and complete the online form. After providing some basic details about yourself, you’ll be prompted to enter your car’s make, year, model, and mileage.
Make sure you’re prepared to answer questions about your current car insurance coverage and provider, how you primarily use the car, and how many drivers you’d like to include on the policy. Entering all of this information should take you less than two minutes, at which point you’ll start receiving competitive quotes from top insurers in your area.
The final word
Like car payments and maintenance bills, paying for car insurance is just one of those expenses that comes with owning a car. But like anything else, you can save money by spending some time shopping for the best car insurance deal.
Another way to stress less about owning a car is to set up an emergency fund for unexpected expenses. Put a little cash aside each month, and you’ll feel way more prepared for those untimely tickets or trips to the mechanic.