If you’re a driver in Alabama or Louisiana, going with a company like USAgencies car insurance could help you get a more affordable insurance policy. But how do the coverage options and customer experience compare with major insurance providers?
In this USAgencies car insurance review, you’ll learn about how this insurance agency works, what they offer, and how to get a free quote on an auto insurance policy. This will help you understand whether USAgencies would align with your coverage needs, budget, and lifestyle.
- USAgencies Insurance Company: Is it worth it?
- What is USAgencies Insurance Company?
- What insurance does USAgencies insurance company offer?
- USAgencies Insurance: How cheap is it?
- How to get an insurance quote from USAgencies car insurance
- FAQs about USAgencies insurance company
- Bottom line
USAgencies Insurance Company: Is it worth it?
|Our verdict: If you are a high-risk driver in Alabama or Louisiana who has a hard time finding affordable car insurance coverage, you should give USAgencies a try. However, because of the limited types of coverage the company offers, drivers with clean driving records may be able to find better car insurance options elsewhere.|
What is USAgencies Insurance Company?
USAgencies is an insurance broker that specializes in providing low-cost auto insurance. Even drivers considered to be high-risk because of past accidents or violations could potentially be eligible for a policy through USAgencies. The company has been in business for over 20 years and is part of the Confie family of brands, which is a leading provider of personal lines insurance in the U.S.
As part of the Confie family, USAgencies has contributed to helping over one million customers with their insurance needs. The Confie brands operate in more than 750 locations across 23 states, but USAgencies stays local in Alabama and Louisiana. With more than 80 locations in these two states, USAgencies uses local agents to help communities with their auto insurance coverage.
|Types of coverage||
|Where you can use it||Online and at over 80 office locations|
|Customer support||Phone: 844-209-3458
Accounts payable: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Availability||Only available in Alabama and Louisiana|
What insurance does USAgencies insurance company offer?
Even though car insurance coverage is limited at USAgencies, getting a full coverage policy through the insurer is possible. USAgencies offers multiple types of insurance and services but focuses on affordable car insurance. USAgencies offers these different car insurance types:
- Liability: Covers injuries or damage to another party involved in an accident you cause. This insurance won’t cover any damages to your vehicle or your medical costs if you cause the accident. A minimum amount of liability insurance is required in most states.
- Collision: Covers repairs for your vehicle if you cause a car accident. Collision insurance often pays out the current cash value of your car if it needs to be replaced, which could be lower than what you paid for the car because of depreciation. Although state laws in Alabama or Louisiana don’t require this coverage, it is good coverage to have, and if you lease your car, you may be required to carry it by the leasing agent.
- Comprehensive: Covers damage to your car from events not related to a car accident. For example, comprehensive insurance could cover damage from theft, fire, natural disasters, and vandalism.
- Full coverage: Full coverage car insurance is typically a combination of multiple other insurance policies rolled into one. This could be liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage included in one insurance policy. But a full coverage policy, or one that covers you for every possible event, doesn’t actually exist.
- SR-22: An SR-22 isn’t technically insurance. It’s a document that shows you are financially responsible and carry the minimum liability insurance required by state law. The SR-22 is typically required to reinstate driving privileges for someone who has had their license suspended or revoked because they were caught driving without insurance, driving on a suspended or revoked license, were convicted of a DUI, had too many at-fault accidents or violations, or didn’t pay court-ordered child support.
More insurance products
USAgencies offers multiple insurance products for its customers in Alabama and Louisiana. This includes:
Cheap car insurance may be USAgencies’ focus, but having options for additional coverage is helpful as well. Roadside assistance and windshield repair go hand-in-hand with car insurance, but options for telemedicine, hospital indemnity benefits, and tax preparation services from your auto insurer aren’t as common.
Telemedicine benefits may help save you the hassle of waiting to be seen at an emergency room or urgent care. Hospital indemnity benefits could help cover the costs involved with hospitalization due to a car accident. This may include accidental death and dismemberment coverage, which is often seen with life insurance policies.
USAgencies Insurance: How cheap is it?
How to find discounts
If you want to get the best bang for your buck on a new car insurance policy, ask a USAgencies agent what kinds of insurance discounts they offer. The USAgencies website mentions multiple common discounts, but it never hurts to ask if there are more. USAgencies offers several discounts that can help you save money on car insurance premiums. Those discounts include the following:
- Multi-policy: USAgencies provides several other insurance options, including renters and life insurance. You may qualify for a discount on your car insurance by bundling it with one of these policies.
- Auto pay: If you set up automatic payments for your car insurance premiums, you may get a discount on the cost.
- Good driver: If you have a good driving record with no accidents or violations for multiple years, you could qualify for this discount.
- Good student: Student drivers who maintain at least a B grade in school may qualify for a discount on car insurance through USAgencies.
- Military members: USAgencies offers discounts for active military members and veterans.
- Anti-theft devices: Installing an anti-theft device like a car alarm or starter disabler into your vehicle may make you eligible for a discount on your car insurance.
- Low mileage: You may be able to get a discount on your car insurance if you don’t drive your car often and the mileage remains low.
How to maximize savings
Car insurance can get expensive for high-risk drivers. Although USAgencies believe in providing Alabama and Louisiana drivers with good, cheap car insurance, there are some things you can do to maximize your savings, such as:
- Improve your credit score: Your credit score is one of the factors that affect car Insurance rates. Insurance companies use your credit score to determine your level of risk. The higher your risk, the more you’ll have to pay for car insurance. Drivers will low credit scores are considered to have a higher risk of filing a claim, so they will have to pay more for car insurance. If you improve your credit score, you may get a better rate on your car insurance when you renew your policy.
- Increase your deductible: A deductible is the amount you must pay out of pocket before your car insurance kicks in. If you can afford to increase your deductible, you can decrease the cost of your car insurance premiums.
- Change the car you drive: The make and model of the vehicle you drive also impact what you have to pay for car insurance. You’ll most likely have to pay a higher premium for a new car or a sports car than a modest used car. Driving a car model prone to being stolen will also increase your car insurance premiums.
How to get an insurance quote from USAgencies car insurance
When looking at how to get car insurance from USAgencies, you can start the quote process online at the USAgencies website. But the system won’t give you an idea of the cost of your car insurance premium. Instead, the quote system gathers information on the drivers and vehicles you want to be insured and then notifies you that a USAgencies representative will contact you.
Here's the information you'll need on hand when filling out the quote form:
- Personal information: Your gender, full name, email address, phone number, street address, zip code, city, state, and whether you’re currently insured.
- Vehicle information: Information for each vehicle on the policy. This includes your vehicle’s year, make, model, estimated annual mileage, and VIN number. You’ll also need to state the ownership status (owned, financed, leased, or non-owner) and what the vehicle is used for, whether it’s work/school, pleasure, or something else.
- Driver information: Information for each driver on the policy. This includes full name, date of birth, years of driving experience, marital status, and number of driving incidents in the past three years. You’ll also need to state whether you currently have a driver’s license, if you require an SR-22, and if you’re the registered owner of the vehicle you’re looking to insure. If you have a driver’s license, you’ll need to provide the license number.
Here's how to get started:
- Navigate to the USAgencies website and fill out the online quote form. You’ll be asked to provide your gender, name, address, email, phone number, and if you are currently insured.
- Then you’ll need to provide information about the vehicle you want to insure. You’ll need to provide the vehicle information listed above.
- The last screen asks you to provide information about the drivers you want to insure.
- After you’ve entered all the necessary information, the system informs you that a local agent will contact you about your quote request. You can then choose your coverage, purchase your policy, and print your insurance card.
It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to fill out the online quote and likely the same amount of time to talk to an insurance agent after they receive your information. This makes it easy to get your car insurance squared away without much hassle.
FAQs about USAgencies insurance company
Is USAgencies insurance company legit?
Yes. USAgencies is a legitimate insurance company that focuses on affordable car insurance, but also offers other services and products. The company has been in business for over 20 years, has more than 80 locations in Alabama and Louisiana, and is part of the Confie family, one of the leading personal lines insurers in the U.S.
USAgencies also has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
How long does it take to get a policy with USAgencies insurance?
USAgencies car insurance advertises quick and free auto insurance quotes in less than five minutes. This includes actually purchasing the policy with a credit or debit card and having next-day coverage.
What types of coverage does USAgencies offer?
USAgencies offers car insurance, including liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage; renters insurance; SR-22 insurance; and a variety of other services.
How do you contact USAgencies car insurance?
USAgencies offers a few ways for you to contact their customer service department. Here are their contact options:
- Calling the customer service phone number at 800-958-8545
- Emailing in at email@example.com
- Mailing a letter to Freeway Insurance Services, Inc., P.O. Box 669, Cypress, CA 90630
- Visiting one of over 80 locations in Alabama and Louisiana
USAgencies Insurance Company may have the insurance coverage you’re looking for at a low cost. Though, its insurance policies are only available in Alabama and Louisiana, so most of the U.S. wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the low costs this insurer offers. But if you’re in one of these states, it wouldn’t hurt to see what’s available and if the coverage aligns with your goals.
If you don’t live in this area, or if you want additional options, be sure to compare what’s available to you locally from all insurers. This should include both small and large insurance providers so you can get the most options for coverage and pricing. One of the best ways to start your search is to use an online insurance marketplace to compare car insurance quotes from multiple providers, but it’s also possible to research each company on your own or talk to an insurance agent.
Using an online comparison site will often provide the simplest and most straightforward method for quickly comparing a wide variety of insurers. Get started with our list of the best car insurance companies to find the coverage you need.
FinanceBuzz researches a number of factors in each auto insurance provider to create our reviews. These factors include cost and discounts, complaints and customer satisfaction, coverage, and ease of use. We also gather information from sources such as J.D. Power, AM Best, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), and the Better Business Bureau to ensure we provide the most useful information to our readers.