Credit cards such as the Chase Freedom Flex℠, the Apple Card, and the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card could help you earn rewards from your Apple Purchase. Some credit cards could also help you benefit from certain protections for your new Apple device, such as damage and theft protection, cell phone protection, or extended warranty protection.
Let’s explore our list of the best credit cards you can use for the latest iPhone or a sleek MacBook.
- Key takeaways
- The best personal and business credit cards for Apple purchases
- The 7 personal best credit cards for Apple purchases
- The 2 best business credit cards for Apple purchases
- Why using a credit card for Apple purchases could be a great idea
- What to look for in a credit card before using it for Apple purchases
- FAQ about the best credit cards for Apple
- The best credit cards to buy Apple products: bottom line
- Paying for your Apple purchase in full with a credit card such as the Chase Freedom Flex℠ could give you the peace of mind of having coverage for your Apple device while paying a $0 annual fee. This coverage includes purchase protection, extended warranty protection, and cell phone protection.
- Using one of the best rewards credit cards when buying Apple products can earn cash back, travel points or miles, or other rewards. One of our recommended rewards credit cards is the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- You can also benefit from minimal interest charges on your Apple purchase with a credit card such as the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card. This card has a $0 annual fee and offers 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases, then 19.99% - 29.99% (variable) APR. This could help you spread out repayments.
The best personal and business credit cards for Apple purchases
The best personal credit cards:
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Apple Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- U.S. Bank Altitude® Reserve Visa Infinite® Card
The best business credit cards:
The 7 personal best credit cards for Apple purchases
|Card name||Main benefits for Apple purchases||Annual fee|
|Offers purchase protection, extended warranty protection, and cell phone protection||$0|
|Helps you earn 3% cash back on Apple purchases and purchases with select partners when using Apple Pay||$0|
|Helps you earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening and offers purchase protection and extended warranty protection||$95|
|Offers 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases, then 19.99% - 29.99% (variable) APR and also offers extended warranty protection1||$0|
|Offers purchase protection and extended warranty protection||$0|
|Offers purchase protection4 , extended warranty protection2 , and return protection3||$695 (Terms apply)|
|Helps you earn 3X points on eligible travel and mobile wallet purchases and offers purchase protection, extended warranty protection, and return protection||$400|
Chase Freedom Flex℠
The Chase Freedom Flex card is a great credit card for Apple purchases because it offers several benefits that can help you earn cash back and protect your Apple devices in various ways.
Some of the main reasons to consider this credit card for your Apple purchase include:
- You can earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- You can benefit from purchase protection that gives you access to coverage of up to $500 per claim against damage or theft for 120 days from the purchase date.
- You can benefit from extended warranty protection that covers claims up to $10,000 and gives you an extra year of warranty after your manufacturer’s warranty of three years or less expires.
- You can benefit from cell phone protection that protects your device against damage and theft up to $600 per claim when you charge your monthly eligible cell phone bill to this credit card.
- You can pay for your purchase over time using this credit card’s offer of 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months, then 20.49%-29.24% Variable APR.
And the best part is that you get to enjoy these perks and benefits for an annual fee of $0. On top of that, you can also earn 5% cash back on rotating quarterly categories you activate (on up to $1,500 spent) and travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal; 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants (including takeout and eligible delivery service); and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
You also get additional protections such as trip cancellation/interruption insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, and travel and emergency assistance services.
This is your card if you want comprehensive protection, cash back, and a generous welcome offer all in one package while paying a $0 annual fee.
Learn more about this card in our Chase Freedom Flex℠ credit card review.
Of course, we couldn’t write an article about Apple purchases and credit cards without mentioning the Apple Card. The Apple Card is as sleek and feature-packed as the Apple devices you buy.
Apple Card isn’t any old credit card, either. It’s a $0-annual-fee product that aims to make budgeting easier, rewards simpler, and spending safer. Oh, and its etched titanium look is sure to be a show-stopper when you pull it out at dinner.
No one can deny the beauty of using an Apple credit card to pay for an Apple product. Thanks to budget-friendly account tracking and 3% back on Apple purchases and purchases with select partners when using Apple Pay, though, it’s easy to see why this card should be in the running next time you’re shopping around and why it makes our list of the best credit cards for Apple purchases.
The Apple Card offers:
- Zero account fees — no annual fees, no late fees, no foreign transaction fees, and no fees for going over your limit. (Of course, interest charges are still fair game if you don’t pay your statement balance on-time and in full.
- Daily Cash Back on everything you spend and cash back is available for use almost immediately
- Added account security, by using all of the same features that your existing Apple devices already do (such as Face ID, Touch ID, and unique transaction codes)
- Seamless integration into your mobile wallet
- A full-blown, 24/7 support system that’s available via text whenever you have a question
This is your card if you’re a huge fan of Apple, don’t like fees, and want to earn 3% back on every Apple purchases and purchases with select partners when using Apple Pay you make.
Learn more about this card in our Apple Card review.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred can help you make the most out of your Apple purchase. It helps you earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
On top of that, you can earn 5% cash back on rotating quarterly categories you activate (on up to $1,500 spent) and travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal; 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants (including takeout and eligible delivery service); and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
This means that you can earn Ultimate Rewards points on your Apple purchases, whether you buy a new iPhone, iPad, or other Apple devices. This also applies to your app, movies, and book purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books.
You can also benefit from having purchase and travel insurance and protections. The Chase Sapphire Preferred card provides purchase protection and extended warranty protection for eligible items that you buy with the card.
These benefits can save you money and hassle if something goes wrong with an Apple purchase you made. The card also offers various travel insurance benefits, such as auto rental collision damage waiver, trip delay reimbursement, lost luggage reimbursement, and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
This is your card if you want to earn rewards on your Apple purchases while benefiting from certain protections on eligible purchases, such as purchase protection and extended warranty protection.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
We get it — not everyone likes keeping track of which card offers what cashback on what purchases. That’s why cards like the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards shine. With this card, you’ll earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day; and 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel (terms apply).
Even better, you can redeem those rewards in any amount whenever you need them most, opting for a statement credit, gift cards, or as credit for a specific recent purchase. This card also has a very easy-to-achieve welcome offer. You can earn a one-time $200 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening after account opening. And did we mention that there’s a $0 annual fee?
This card is excellent for Apple purchases in particular because it offers extended warranty coverage on the things you buy. If your device stops working after your Apple coverage has expired, your Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card can step in to help.
This is your card if you don’t want to worry about tracking complex rewards rates, and want to spend your cash back as you choose.
Learn more about this card in our Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards review.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
If you're looking for a cashback credit card that offers a generous welcome offer and even more generous rewards, the Chase Freedom Unlimited might be the perfect option for you. With this card, you'll earn unlimited matched cash back. Use your card for all your purchases and at the end of your first year, Chase will automatically match all the cash back you earned (there is no limit to how much you can earn; every dollar in cash back rewards you earn is a dollar Chase will match), which can be used to offset the cost of your next phone upgrade.
Cardholders also earn 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services and unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
While you might earn bigger rewards on Apple purchases with a different card, the extras that you get with this card make it worth considering. In addition to cashback rewards, you also get added protections like:
- New purchases made with your card are covered against theft and damage for 120 days, up to $500 per claim. So if your new iPhone gets stolen, you may be able to get reimbursed for at least a portion of the cost.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited cardholders can receive a one-year-long extension on eligible manufacturer's warranties of three years or less.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited is worth a look if you want to earn big rewards in common spending categories — and get some extras to give you added peace of mind after your next tech upgrade.
This is your card if you want hefty cashback rewards and valuable added protection.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Looking for a travel rewards card that provides many excellent benefits and also rewards you for your purchases? Look no further than The Platinum Card from American Express.
With the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll earn 5X points per dollar spent on eligible airfare (on up to $500,000 per calendar year, after that 1X) and eligible hotel purchases, and 1X points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
In addition to rewards points for purchases, though, this card offers:
- Fee credit of up to $100 every 4 years for Global Entry or up to $85 every 4.5 years for TSA PreCheck
- Priority Pass Select membership for airport lounges, as well as access to the American Express Global Lounge Collection
- Up to $200 a year in Uber Cash, plus Uber VIP status where available
- Up to $100 annual credit at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Foreign transaction fees: None
Note: Enrollment is required for select benefits.
While the American Express Platinum Card does come with a $695 annual fee, this can be easy to recoup if you take advantage of all the available Amex Platinum benefits.
Of course, Amex’s purchase protections — covering everything from your iPhone to your MacBook and beyond — could also make up for the annual cost, if you even had to use them once. This card is an excellent choice for Apple veterans and iNewbies alike, offering coverage such as:
- 90 days of purchase protection for your items, up to $10,000 per occurrence. This covers you if items you purchase with your card are damaged, lost, or stolen
- Up to 1 additional year of warranty on purchases you make using your card
- 90 days of return protection on items purchased with your card, even if the store refuses to accept your return request
The American Express Platinum Card isn’t for everyone, especially with the hefty annual fee. However, if you’re a fan of airport lounges, travel often, or are looking for a card that provides a premium level of service (for Apple purchases and beyond), it might be the right choice for you.
This is your card if you want a premium experience that pays for itself in enviable benefits and protections.
U.S. Bank Altitude® Reserve Visa Infinite® Card
Whether you have the newest Apple devices or are still rocking that iPhone 6, you may use Apple Pay to pay on the go.
With a card like the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa, you can earn 5X on prepaid hotel and car rentals booked in the Altitude Rewards Center; 3X points on eligible travel and mobile wallet purchases; and 1X points for all other eligible purchases.
You'll also enjoy added protections for your purchases. This card offers purchase benefits such as:
- 90 days of purchase security against damaged or stolen items
- Extended warranty protection, covering you for up to an additional year
- 90 days of return protection, if the store won’t accept your return
You’ll also enjoy a slew of premium travel-related benefits, including:
- $325 in travel expense credits
- Complimentary 12-month Priority Pass Select membership with eight free visits per membership year
- Fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry enrollment
Add those perks to trip cancellation and delay coverage, lost luggage reimbursement, rental car coverage, roadside service, and more, and this card is easily able to justify its $400 annual fee for frequent travelers.
This is your card if you travel often and use Apple Pay on your smart device.
Learn more about this card in our U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa review.
The 2 best business credit cards for Apple purchases
|Card name||Main benefits for Apple purchases||Annual fee|
|Offers purchase protection5 and extended warranty protection2||$295 ($375 if application is received on or after 2/1/24) (Terms apply)|
|Offers purchase protection, extended warranty, and cell phone protection||$95|
American Express® Business Gold Card
You can choose your business’ own cashback categories with the American Express Business Gold Card based on where you spend the most money.
Bonus categories include gas, restaurants, shipping, airline-direct airfare purchases, select hardware/software/cloud purchases (including Apple), advertising, and more. Cardholders can earn 4X Membership Rewards Points on purchases in the two categories with the most spend each billing cycle (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year, after that 1X), 3X Membership Rewards points on flights and prepaid hotels booked at amextravel.com, and 1 point per $1 spent on other eligible purchases.
The card does come with a $295 annual fee ($375 if application is received on or after 2/1/24), but you’ll enjoy purchase benefits such as:
- 90 days of purchase protection against theft or damage
- Up to 1 additional year of extended warranty
The next time your business is planning an Apple Store purchase, consider the American Express Business Gold Card. Not only will your item be protected if it’s stolen or dropped in the first six months, but you can also choose to earn bonus rewards for your Apple purchases.
This is your card if you want to truly maximize your benefits when making a business-related Apple purchase.
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
It’s not rare to find a credit card offering an introductory welcome offer. However, when you see one like the one being offered by the Ink Business Preferred, you’d be silly not to consider it — especially if you won’t have any trouble meeting the minimum spend requirement.
Currently, you can earn 100k bonus points after you spend $8,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. The Chase Ultimate Rewards points you earn are equivalent to about $1,000 cash back or $1,250 toward travel when redeemed toward travel rewards, and all just for buying the things you already needed.
In addition to the bonus, you’ll earn 3X points on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year; and 1X points per $1 on all other purchases. Plus, enjoy:
- 120 days of purchase protection against damage or theft, for up to $10,000 per incident
- Up to an additional year of extended warranty
- Up to $1,000 in cell phone theft and damage protection when you pay your monthly bill with the card
This card has an annual fee of just $95, making it a reasonable option for many small business owners who want to still earn excellent rewards and benefits.
The card is a great choice for your next Apple spending spree, thanks to the extended warranty and purchase protection coverages. Plus, if you can meet the minimum spend requirement — especially with a pricey Apple buy — you’ll snag major bonus points in the process.
This is your card if you want a lower annual fee but an exceptional welcome offer. It's also your card if you are already a cardholder of the Chase Sapphire Reserve® or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
Why using a credit card for Apple purchases could be a great idea
When making a big purchase, consider whether or not a credit card is your best payment method. After all, the right card will not only reward you but also protect you. This is especially true for Apple purchases.
The first reason is simply due to cost. By using the best credit card to buy Apple products, you can rack up substantial miles or cashback rewards just for spending the money as you normally would. As long as you pay your statement balance in full (and don’t accrue interest charges), this essentially means free money in your pocket.
You may also want to use a credit card for an Apple purchase because it can offer protections that your debit card or cash cannot. For instance, you may be able to take advantage of an introductory 0% interest rate offer, allowing you to spread out repayment without worrying about interest charges.
The right credit card may also give you certain purchase protections. Let’s say you used a specific credit card to buy a new iPhone, then dropped the device a few weeks later, shattering the screen. If your card provides cell phone protection, that repair or replacement could come at no cost to you.
What to look for in a credit card before using it for Apple purchases
So, what makes one credit card better than others, specifically when it comes to your Apple brand purchases? Well, what qualifies a card as a best credit card to buy Apple products will largely depend on your financial lifestyle and what sorts of perks mean the most to you:
- Let’s say you need to buy a new MacBook for work but can’t afford the expense all at once. In this case, a card with an introductory 0% APR offer could allow you to spread out the repayment without penalty.
- Planning to upgrade the family’s iPhones soon? Use that big transaction to meet a card’s minimum spend requirement, and snag a hefty welcome bonus.
- If you’ve cracked your fair share of iPad screens over the years, opt for a card with loss or damage protection. For a period of time, your Apple purchase could be covered against certain situations.
- By choosing a card with an extended warranty benefit, you could potentially double your manufacturer’s coverage with no added cost to you.
- If you pay your monthly phone bill with certain cards, you can enjoy cell phone protection against loss, theft, or damage without paying your provider a monthly fee for insurance.
If you’re planning an Apple store purchase in the near future, take some time to consider which credit card would be the best option for you. These popular electronics are as pricey as they are sleek, and optimizing your purchases could save you hundreds in the end.
It’s also important to keep in mind that many of these protections may only come into play if you are buying your next Apple product from an Apple store directly. You may lose out on certain benefits if you buy your iPhone through your cell phone carrier, for instance, or if you purchase a second-hand iPad.
FAQ about the best credit cards for Apple
Which credit cards are best for Apple?
The best credit cards for Apple are cards that maximize your cash back or rewards. The Apple Card is one good option. There are also some cards that offer purchase protection and extended warranty benefits, which can come in handy if your new iPhone gets damaged. Examples include The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Chase Freedom Unlimited®.
Is the Apple Card worth it?
The Apple card has a $0 annual fee, so it may be a decent option if you frequently shop at Apple or often use Apple Pay with the card's partner merchants. With this card, you get 3% cash back on Apple purchases and when you use Apple Pay for purchases from select partners, 2% on other purchases made with Apple Pay, and 1% cash back on everything else.
Do certain credit cards offer bonus rewards or discounts on Apple purchases?
Certain credit cards may offer bonus rewards or discounts on Apple purchases when you shop through the credit card loyalty program's shopping portal. For instance, American Airlines, Delta, and United have all offered up to 4X miles per $1 spent on Apple purchases in the past. The Apple Card also previously offered a promotion that allowed cardholders to earn 6% cash back on qualifying Apple purchases.
You may also occasionally be able to take advantage of discounts on certain Apple purchases through your credit card companies' shopping portal. Offers typically change over time, so if you're in the market for a new iPhone, Mac laptop, or Apple Watch, be sure to shop around to find the best deal.
The best credit cards to buy Apple products: bottom line
Whether you’re buying an iPod for the gym or new laptops for the whole family, Apple has become the go-to tech company for many consumers. But no matter how much you spend at the tech giant’s stores (or if you’re new to the brand), there are a few rewards credit cards that you should consider before you hit the register.
By choosing the right credit card to buy Apple products, you could enjoy not only points and sign-up bonuses, but also lasting protections on those pricey electronics — and that alone can be worth hundreds. Take time to read the fine print from the credit card issuer and determine which situations qualify for coverage and how to file a claim through your card (if needed).
Most importantly, though, just be sure to choose and open the best credit card for Apple purchases before you buy your next device, and make sure your card rewards you.
To choose the best credit cards for Apple purchases, we compared cards from multiple issuers, including Apple’s co-branded credit card. We assessed features like welcome offers, rewards programs, annual fees, and travel rewards. We did not include all cards available.
Unlimited Cash Back
FinanceBuzz writers and editors score cards based on a number of objective features as well as our expert editorial assessment. Our partners do not influence how we rate products.
SPECIAL OFFER: Unlimited Matched Cash Back. Use your card for all your purchases and at the end of your first year, Chase will automatically match all the cash back you earned! There is no limit to how much you can earn. Every dollar in cash back rewards you earn is a dollar Chase will match
5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services and unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases