Can you advertise on your car and earn money? Yes, you can. Advertising on your car is a simple, passive way to earn money while you drive. You can use a car advertisement company to wrap your car or ship a sticker that you can install yourself.
Several car advertising companies use a mobile app to track your mileage as you drive around. These car advertisement companies may pay somewhere between $100 and $400 per month, or even more, depending on the size of the advertisement, the number of miles you drive, and other factors.
This makes it a good side hustle if you’re already putting significant mileage on your car commuting to work. However, there typically is a minimum mileage limit, and you may not enjoy having your car covered in advertisements.
- Car advertisement companies pay you to place a wrap or decal on your car to advertise a service or a product.
- You could earn between $100 and $400 per month, or even more, to advertise on your vehicles.
- The amount of money you earn depends on the company, the advertisement size, the miles you drive, and the area you drive in, among other factors.
- Some companies may have specific requirements for the type of car, driving record, and location to qualify for their advertising program.
- Advertising on your car: Is it worth it?
- What is car wrap advertising?
- How much can you make by advertising on your car?
- 5 legitimate companies that pay to advertise on your car
- How to start advertising on your car
- 5 important tips to avoid car wrap scams
- Alternatives to car wrap advertising
- FAQs about advertising on your car
- Bottom line
Advertising on your car: Is it worth it?
|Our verdict: Getting paid to advertise on your car can be a good side hustle that provides you with extra money while you're on the road. It’s easy to do, may not require extra time or effort, and can be cost-effective. However, you should be comfortable with advertising a company’s logo on your car and know that you can meet the minimum mileage requirements.|
What is car wrap advertising?
Car wrap advertising is a marketing strategy companies use to promote their products or services by placing a vinyl decal with their logo, brand name, or other promotional information onto a car.
This type of advertising offers significant potential for companies looking to reach a large audience. That’s because thousands of people may see these ads on any given day, depending on the area.
Advertising on your car is one of the ways to learn how to make money from side hustles, as long as you’re comfortable driving a car with advertisements on it.
Keep in mindBe sure to do your research to find a reputable company that will pay you fairly for your time. Most car wrap companies let you choose among (or decline) different advertising campaigns and sign up for a certain length of time.
How much can you make by advertising on your car?
The amount of money you can make advertising on your car varies by the company you work with and the type of advertisement you display, among other factors.
Some companies may offer a flat monthly payment in exchange for wrapping your vehicle or displaying a sticker, while others may base their payment on how much you drive.
The advertisement's size, location, and duration go into determining the monthly payment you receive. You can expect to earn between $100 and $400 per month or even more.
For example, Carvetise boasts earnings ranging between $100 and $300 per month, or between $450 and $1,500 for each ad campaign. That’s why advertising on your car is one of the best side hustles because it requires little effort and provides a good earning potential.
Keep in mindEach campaign can last for multiple months, so make sure to check the length of time stated on your agreement.
Your actual earnings typically depend on several factors. Large ads often fetch a higher payment than smaller ones due to increased visibility and potential reach. That’s why the more area of your car you cover, the more earning potential you have.
Other factors, such as the amount of driving you do or the area in which you drive, can also affect how much money you earn. For example, driving around a large metropolitan area with a full wrap may earn you up to $450 per month with Wrapify.
5 legitimate companies that pay to advertise on your car
There are many options when it comes to choosing a car advertising company. Let’s explore six legitimate companies that will pay you to advertise on your car.
You can sign up with Carvertise for free, and it will match you with relevant car ad campaigns in your area.
Begin by submitting an application online. After your application is approved, Carvertise will arrange for a shop to install your car wrap and pay you via direct deposit to your bank account.
You can earn from $100 to $300 per month, or $450 to $1,500 per campaign, depending on the size of the wrap and how long you have it on, among other factors.
Wrapify is one of the most popular car wrap advertising companies. The company offers three car wrapping coverage levels, ranging from the back window and doors to the whole car.
To get started, download the Wrapify app on iOS or Android devices from the App Store or Google Play. You can then begin the sign-up process through the app.
Depending on whether it’s a partial wrap or a full wrap, you can earn from $180 to $450 per month, and payments are sent via direct deposit to your bank account.
Wrapify will run a background check before accepting you as an advertiser, and you must be 21 or older and drive a vehicle that is a 2010 model year or newer.
Nickelytics is another company that pays to advertise on your car. The company requires you to be 18 years or older and drive a 10-year-old or newer car. Additionally, you must drive at least 30 miles per day or 450 miles per month to be eligible as a driver.
To get started, you need to download the Nickelytics app on an Android or iOS device and complete the sign-up steps. Once you’re approved and selected for a campaign, the company puts you in contact with a wrap installer. Nickelytics fully covers the cost of the wrap installation and removal.
Most Nickelytics drivers make between $175 and $250 per car wrap advertising campaign. However, some ad campaigns may offer up to $500 based on the type of advertisement and duration of the campaign.
StickerRide is another company that pays drivers to advertise on their vehicles. You can get started by downloading the StickerRide app and creating an account.
However, note that the StickerRide app has a 1.9 out of 5-star score on Google Play and a 3 out of 5-star score on the App Store. Users note that the app that tracks drivers’ mileage is buggy. The app also must be manually opened each time you drive to track your mileage, which can be difficult to remember.
StickerRide’s pay structure is based on geography, time, car class, and sticker type. Since this is variable for each driver, StickerRide doesn’t provide estimates of how much you can earn advertising on your car with it.
Stickr pays you in exchange for placing a see-through, perforated vinyl ad decal on your rear window. To get started, you need to sign up on the company’s website and provide your personal and payment information.
The payment information you provide is used to pay a one-time $8.79 service fee and a monthly $9.99 membership fee. This membership fee is rebated to you each month you verify that your decal is still on your car by submitting a photograph.
Stickr states that you can earn up to $2,300 in cash and gift cards per year. However, most of the payment comes in the form of Restaurant.com coupons rather than direct deposit cash.
How to start advertising on your car
So how can you advertise on your car? The answer is simple but may require a bit of time, here is how you can get started.
- Select a car advertising company that matches your driving habits, geographic location, and desired income.
- Sign up with the advertising company of your choice by downloading its mobile app or registering on its website.
- Provide the necessary personal information and car details, such as your name and address, the car’s make and model, and the plate’s license number.
- Wait for the company to match you with an advertising campaign that works for you. Sometimes, it can take a bit of time for the company to determine your eligibility. For example, Wrapify requires that you drive 50 miles after downloading their app to determine your eligibility for advertising campaigns.
- Place the campaign’s ad on your car. Some car advertising companies will install the car wrap at a location near you. This is typically done for partial and full-coverage vinyl wrap. Other companies may offer a self-installation option for smaller stickers or decals, in which case you may need to submit a photo for confirmation.
- Make extra money by driving your car and meeting your campaign’s requirements. Remember that some companies may pay you by the mile, while others may pay you per month or campaign.
WarningSome companies may charge early termination fees for ending your campaign early, removing or damaging the wrap, or getting a new car.
Make sure to drive safely and follow the terms and conditions of your agreement to continue earning money through advertising on your car.
5 important tips to avoid car wrap scams
Unfortunately, not every car advertising company is legitimate. There are car advertising scams out there, so it is essential to know how to detect them.
Here are five tips to help you avoid scammers pretending to be legitimate car wrap companies:
- Research the car wrapping company before signing up or submitting any information about your identity or your vehicle. Check online reviews submitted by other drivers to see if people had issues with the company.
- Pay close attention to potential warning signs, such as high upfront costs, inflated payout claims, expensive cancellation fees, or nonexistent customer service.
- Always be on the lookout for red flags, such as requests for installation fee payment through personal checks, Western Union, or money orders. A legitimate car wrap company shouldn’t ask for money through these payment methods.
- Be careful of companies that advertise high-paying programs yet ask you to pay a big fee or invest some money upfront.
- Be wary of emails or social media messages advertising high-paying car wrap opportunities, especially if they reach out directly to you. Thoroughly research the car wrapping company that contacted you.
If you stay on the lookout for these red flags and take the necessary precautions, you should be able to find a legitimate car advertisement company.
Alternatives to car wrap advertising
Car wrap advertising isn’t for everyone. For example, you may not feel comfortable having your car covered in ads. You may also not drive much, meaning that car wrap advertising may not be a good fit.
If you are looking for alternatives to car wrap advertising, you don’t need to stress since there are many other ways to earn cash on the side.
Complete paid surveys
Businesses are constantly in need of consumer feedback and are willing to pay for it. Survey Junkie allows you to use your free time to provide your opinion and earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards or PayPal cash. Completing online surveys is an easy way to make money from home or on the go.
Learn how to earn money by completing surveys in our Survey Junkie review.
Become a delivery driver
If you’re a car owner and want to use your vehicle to earn money but don’t like the idea of putting ads on it, consider delivering food. You can sign up to become an Uber Eats delivery partner and earn money by picking up and delivering food orders from participating restaurants to customers. You can choose your own hours and work as much or as little as you like. All you need is a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
Check out our ultimate guide to Uber Eats.
FAQs about advertising on your car
Is car wrap advertising a legit side hustle?
Car wrap advertising is a legitimate way of earning extra cash on the side. There are several companies that will pay you to advertise on your car if you meet their requirements, including Wrapify, Carvertise, and others.
However, it is important to be wary of companies with offers that sound too good to be true. A company may be a scam if the pay is much higher than similar companies or if the company wants you to pay them upfront. Do your research before signing up with any specific car advertising company.
Is there a driving requirement to get paid for advertising on my car?
Some companies may require that you drive a certain amount of miles or advertise in certain areas to get paid. For instance, if you join StickerRide, your pay would be proportionate to your driving time and geographic area. Another company, Nickelytics, requires you to drive a minimum of 30 miles per day, 150 miles per week, and 450 miles per month. The driving requirements often vary from company to company.
Does my car's condition matter when advertising on it?
The condition of your car matters to some degree. Most car wrap companies will not allow you to advertise on your car if it has significant damage to the body or issues with the paint. Additionally, some companies have age requirements for the vehicles they advertise on. For example, your car must be ten years old or newer to qualify with Nickelytics or model year 2010 or newer to qualify with Wrapify.
Advertising on your car can be a good way to earn passive income without putting in too much effort.
You often have several advertisement options, from putting a see-through sticker on your back windshield to covering your car with a vinyl wrap. Make sure that your vehicle fits the company’s conditions, that you meet mileage requirements, and that you’re comfortable driving with a company’s logo or advertisement on your car.
More from FinanceBuzz: