The Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card has a lot of perks worth being excited about, but its biggest benefit is probably that people with fair credit scores can get in on cashback deals and even qualify for credit limit increases.
With a low annual fee of $39 and unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, this card is definitely one to consider for anyone in need of a straightforward cashback card to use while improving their credit.
Easy cash back rewards
- 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase, every day
- Consideration for a higher credit line as quickly as 6 months after account opening
- CreditWise to monitor your credit score
- No early spend bonus
Who should get this card?
The QuicksilverOne from Capital One is a great card for people with fair credit scores looking for a cashback card. One of the things this card does best is reward users with automatic consideration for a higher credit line as quickly as six months after account opening.
It also allows people with average credit to earn pretty good cash rewards, all while charging a comparatively low annual fee of $39. With a straightforward rewards system of unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase and a flexible redeeming structure, this card is one that even beginners can quickly master.
If your credit score is above average, you might consider a card that offers more competitive rewards. Alternatively, if you’re currently on a tight budget, the annual fee is something to consider before signing up, as is the APR (annual percentage rate). If you plan to carry a balance, you might be better off choosing a card with a lower introductory rate.
|Card Type||Cash Back|
|Card Issuer||Capital One|
|Early Spend Bonus||Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day|
|Recommended Credit Score||Fair|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
Top card benefits
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase: No rotating categories or spending caps — just a simple system that allows you to earn cash back on every purchase you make.
- No minimum redemption: Rewards can be redeemed at any time, for any amount. They won’t expire and can be used directly as a statement credit on your account, which you can set up as a one-time transaction or on a recurring basis.
- No foreign transaction fee: If you’re traveling abroad, you’ll want at least one reliable card with no foreign transaction fees, and this could be it.
- Potential credit limit increase: Cardholders will receive automatic consideration for a higher credit line as soon as six months after opening this account.
- Travel accident insurance: Use your card to purchase your fare and you’ll automatically be eligible for insurance on covered losses.
Earning & redeeming
One of the best things about this card is that earning and redeeming is so easy. Points can be redeemed at any time, for any amount, in the form of a mailed check, statement credit, or gift card.
Best ways to earn
Since this card has a universal unlimited 1.5% cash back cash back on every purchase, there really isn’t one best method for earning points. But there might be some ways that are smarter than others. Purchasing airfare with your card not only earns you points but also guarantees travel accident insurance at no extra cost.
You’ll also get an extended warranty on eligible items purchased with your card, which excludes big-ticket items like boats and cars but covers many other items up to a $10,000 value. Keep in mind that you’ll need to submit your claim within 60 days of product failure to receive full consideration.
Maximizing your redemptions
Getting the most out of your redemptions with this card is easy. Apply your rewards as cash back, a statement credit, or even gift cards.
You’ll need to spend just $2,600 on the card to offset the $39 annual fee.
Do I need a good credit score to qualify for the Capital One QuicksilverOne card?
This card only requires a fair credit score — in other words, a credit score around 580 and 670. Not sure if your score is good enough? Here’s an easy way to find out.
How do I redeem cash back with the Capital One QuicksilverOne card?
Cash back can be redeemed as a check, statement credit, or gift card. Your cashback rewards never expire, and you can redeem any amount you wish — there’s no minimum.
What is the credit limit for the Capital One QuicksilverOne card?
Your exact credit limit will depend on your creditworthiness and the info you provide on your application. The minimum credit limit you’ll receive is $300, though well-qualified applicants may receive limits of several thousand dollars.
Other cards to consider
If you have above-average credit, it’s probably worth looking into a credit card with more competitive perks. A few additional credit cards to consider if you have good-to-excellent credit — both with higher cashback rewards and no annual fee — are the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express and Chase Freedom Unlimited.
Easy cash back rewards
Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
See how these cards compare:
Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
- $100 welcome bonus + 20% cash back at Amazon.com
- No annual fee
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets
- Terms apply
Chase Freedom Unlimited
- $200 sign-up bonus
- 5% cash back grocery store purchases for the first year (up to $12k)
- Bonus rewards on travel, dining, and drugstores
- No annual fee
- 0% intro APR on purchases