Earn Cash Back TWICE With This Credit Card
It’s easy to assume that all cash back credit cards are the same, but when Citi® announced their Double Cash Card a few years ago, it changed the game. Now instead of earning cash back rewards just once for each purchase, your rewards DOUBLE automatically — no extra work required!
With the Citi® Double Cash Card, you’ll earn 1% cash back when you make a purchase and another 1% when you pay it off. There’s no limit to how much you can earn and it doesn’t matter what you buy, you’ll earn an effective 2% cash back right off the top.
Want to hear more? Here’s what you should know:
- Not only is this a game-changing cash back card, it’s also a fantastic option if you’re looking for a balance transfer card.
- You’ll have 0% APR for 18 months on balance transfers, giving you a year and a half to make interest-free payments.
- There’s a 3% or $5 fee (whichever is greater) for transferring a balance to the card
- You’ll earn 1% cash back when you buy, and an additional 1% when you pay your bill — it’s the highest flat rate cash back card offered!
- There’s no annual fee
- Rewards are unlimited and you can redeem them for a statement credit, gift card, or check (as soon as you reach the $25 minimum)
- Your card comes EMV-chip enabled, adding another layer of security when you use it to make purchases
- This card is for those with Good to Excellent (690-850) credit
5 Other Reasons You’ll Want To Sign Up
We think the real question here is - why wouldn’t you want to sign up? But if you aren’t convinced yet, we understand. There’s a lot that goes into choosing a card that best fits your lifestyle and needs. Here are some additional reasons why this card is so incredible.
1. Assuming you’ll pay off the balance of your new purchases each month, you can earn an effective 2% cash back on every dollar you spend. There are several great credit cards out there, but when you consider the high rewards and ease of use, the Citi® Double Cash card is difficult to top.
2. Another great factor? There are no rotating categories you need to keep track of in order to save money! Often times, cash back cards offer quarterly rotating bonus categories that you have to opt-in to earn extra rewards. With the Double Cash Card, you’ll never need to remind yourself to sign up for any bonus category since you’ll always get the same amount of cash-back regardless of when and where you make your purchases.
3. You can choose your own payment due date. How many times have you wished your payments were due just a little later in the month? With the Double Cash Card, you can set the due date for the beginning, middle, or end of the month, no questions asked. This Citi® feature is especially helpful since you’ll earn the highest amount of rewards when your payments are made in full and on time.
4. Miss a payment? It’s happened to all of us, but don’t worry — your first late payment fee will be waived automatically. It’s always a good rule of thumb to make payments on time (especially with a rewards card) but it’s good knowing you’ve got a free pass if you need to use it.
5. By signing up for the Double Cash Card, you’ll become a part of the Citi® card family which has some pretty great perks of its own. For instance,
- Citi® Price Rewind will search for lower prices on the items you buy and refund you the difference if it finds a better deal,
- Citi® Private Pass shares exclusive entertainment deals and special ticket prices with you, and
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions will help protect you from fraudulent card use and help resolve any issues.
Bonus reason: You’ll get a free monthly Equifax FICO® Score worth $192 annually! This handy report will help you keep track of changes to your credit score over time and shows you excellent insight into your credit history. While it only tracks your Equifax history (not Transunion or Experian), it’s still an awesome benefit.
Overall, the Citi® Double Cash Card is a powerhouse cash back card that lets you earn rewards twice on every purchase. Adding in the 18-month 0% introductory APR on balance transfers just sweetens the deal and should make this high rewards card an incredibly strong contender in your search for a cash back rewards card.
If you’re looking for a card with a high rewards rate, lengthy introductory APR period, and no annual fee, this cash back card is a winning choice.
Disclaimer: This content and the opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been provided, commissioned, or endorsed by the credit card issuer. All information was accurate at the time of this post but card terms and conditions may change at any time.