Are you looking for a business credit card with a low annual fee and plenty of travel benefits? The Capital One Spark Miles for Business (learn more) may be just the credit card you’ve been hoping for.
This card allows you to earn double miles on every purchase you make, and points can be redeemed for travel with Capital One or airline partners. You also get other travel-related perks, including statement credits for TSA PreCheck and Global Entry along with travel insurance protections.
While you don’t get all the travel perks some of the more-expensive credit cards offer, the Spark Miles for Business is a great deal for the price.
Low Annual Fee with Plenty of Benefits
- 50,000 bonus mile welcome offer
- Unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Free employee cards
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee after the first year
- No introductory APR
- No airline lounge access or free checked bags
Who should get this card?
Are you a business owner who wants to earn rewards you can redeem for travel without a lot of hassle? The Capital One Spark Miles for Business may be the perfect card for your situation. This card is ideal if you don’t want to worry about rotating rewards categories, have multiple employees to give cards to, and book travel regularly — but not often enough to need a card that provides airline lounge access for a hefty annual fee.
Not only is the rewards program easy to understand with the Capital One Spark Miles for Business, but the card also offers other perks to make your life more convenient, such as year-end spending summaries, the ability to download purchase records to multiple formats, and even the chance to choose your own payment date.
When you want a card that helps you manage cash flow for your company, the Spark Miles for Business should be in your wallet.
|Card Issuer||Capital One|
|Annual Fee||$95 (waived first year)|
|Early Spend Bonus||Earn 50,000 miles after spending $4,500 in the first 3 months|
|Recommended Credit Score||Excellent, Good|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
Top card benefits
- Early spend bonus: Earn 50,000 miles after spending $4,500 in the first 3 months That’s worth up to $2,000 in travel.
- Simple yet generous rewards program: Earn 5X miles on rental cars and hotels booked through Capital One Travel, and 2X miles on every purchase, every day with no minimum required to redeem.
- Credits for purchases that make traveling faster and easier: Receive up to a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck.
- Travel and purchase protection: The Spark Miles for Business card offers auto rental damage waivers (with primary coverage when renting cars for business purposes), travel and emergency assistance services, and extended warranty protection that doubles the length of original manufacturer’s warranties of up to three years or less.
- Accounting and cash flow help: You can pick the day you pay, and you’ll also be able to download purchase records quickly and easily to multiple formats — including a year-end annual summary of spending.
Earning & redeeming
Best ways to earn
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business Card makes it really easy to earn points without worrying about spending in specific categories. You just get double miles for every purchase, regardless of where it is or what it is. You also get free credit cards for employees, so you can maximize the points you earn by signing up every member of your staff for a card they can use to charge purchases.
Maximizing your redemptions
Redeeming points is easy, as you can use your miles on flights, vacation packages, hotels, or with one of 15 travel partners. Transferring miles to travel partners that provide a generous 2:1 ratio — such as JetBlue or Emirates — can actually get you the most bang for your buck when it comes to redemption. With these partners, your miles may be able to pay for more travel than if you redeem directly through Capital One.
Points can also be redeemed at any time, as there’s no minimum points required to redeem. And with no seat restrictions or blackout dates when booking with miles, you have the ultimate in flexibility with the Spark One Miles for Business card.
What are Capital One Spark Miles Worth?
Capital One Spark Miles are worth one cent each when redeemed for travel through Capital One. The value of miles can vary when redeemed through partner airlines but could be worth as much as 1.4 cents per mile with certain airline partners.
How do I redeem my Capital One Spark Miles?
Capital One Spark Miles can be redeemed to book flights, hotels, and vacation packages directly through Capital One. Simply log into your account any time to access rewards information and use points to book your trip. You can also transfer miles to 15 travel partners and loyalty programs.
Can Capital One Spark Miles be transferred to partner airlines?
Yes, Capital One Spark Miles can be transferred to:
- Air France-KLM
- Air Canada
- Asia Miles
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Airways
- EVA Air
- Hainan Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
Does the Capital One Spark Miles for Business card charge foreign transaction fees?
Other cards to consider
While the Spark Miles for Business is a relatively affordable card, there are cheaper options out there, including the Blue Business Plus Card from American Express and the Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card.
While the Amex card caps your double points at $50,000 in spending — compared to unlimited double miles with the Spark Miles for Business card — it charges no annual fee, so it could be a better choice if your business doesn’t spend a fortune each year.
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited also charges no annual fee while offering 1.5% cash back, so it’s also a good choice if you don’t spend enough to make the Spark Miles’ $95 fee worth paying.
Low Annual Fee with Plenty of Benefits
Earn 50,000 miles after spending $4,500 in the first 3 months
See how these cards compare:
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
- 2X Membership Rewards Points on first $50,000 each year
- Global Assist hotline
- No annual fee. Terms apply.
- See rates and fees
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card
- New Offer: $750 cash back sign-up offer
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all spending
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases
- No annual fee