The heft of metal credit cards isn’t new to the credit card scene, but it’s still considered a luxury feature among premium cards. The Mastercard® Titanium Card™ touts a flashy, brushed stainless steel finish, along with core travel protection benefits that cardholders have come to expect at this tier.
In this Mastercard® Titanium Card™ review, you’ll learn the key benefits and features of this card so you can decide if it’s the right fit for you.
Who should get this card?
Cardholders who prefer a flat reward rate will appreciate the simplicity of the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ rewards program. Cardholders earn a straightforward 1X point per dollar spent on all purchases.
Redeeming your points is easy, too. Flights booked through its rewards platform receive double the redemption rate on airfare purchases, which makes this card a solid option for frequent airline travelers.
To be eligible for this card, you’ll need excellent credit, so this may not be the best option if you don’t have a strong credit history. Also, it carries a $195 annual fee and an additional $95 charge to add an authorized user to the account.
|Recommended Credit Score||Excellent|
|Intro APR||0% APR for 15 billing cycles|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
Top card benefits
- High rewards redemption: Cardholders get a 2% redemption rate on airfare booked through the rewards program. All other redemptions, such as cash back or statement credit, have a 1% redemption rate.
- 24/7 card concierge: Access complimentary concierge service that’s available by phone, email, or live chat. Service is available worldwide, and agents can assist with practically anything — from help with travel bookings to purchasing event tickets to personal requests, like arranging a proposal.
- Intro APR for balance transfers: The Mastercard® Titanium Card™ offers an introductory 0% APR for 15 billing cycles.
- Travel insurance: Cardholders receive several travel protections, including trip delay insurance, baggage delay insurance, travel accident insurance, rental car insurance (secondary coverage), and trip cancellation and interruption coverage.
- Purchase protection: In addition to its extensive travel insurance, the card offers an array of purchase protections. You can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with price protection, theft and damage protection, and extended return coverage.
Earning & redeeming
Best ways to earn
If the thought of managing tiered rewards or bonus rewards categories sounds tedious, the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ makes earning rewards easy. You’ll earn 1X point per dollar spent on all purchases.
That’s an easy-to-follow rewards structure, but those willing to put in the effort to maximize their rewards may benefit more from a higher-earning credit card.
Balance transfers and cash advances aren’t eligible for rewards. There’s no limit to how many points you can earn, but your account must remain active and in good standing.
Maximizing your redemptions
You can redeem rewards for travel, cash back to a bank account, statement credit, gift cards, or merchandise. Your points go furthest when redeemed toward airfare, which offers a redemption rate of 2%. Redemption for flights starts at 50 points, which is equivalent to $1.
This redemption rate can be advantageous if your goal is to get reduced or free airfare. If your flight is $500, for example, you’ll only need 25,000 rewards points to cover the cost of the airfare.
All other redemption options, including hotels and car rentals, are available at a 1% rate, meaning that 100 points equates to $1.
|Redemption option||Redemption rate|
|Hotels and rental cars||1%|
What credit limit does the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ offer?
The Mastercard® Titanium Card™ doesn’t specify a standard credit limit in its terms and conditions. Card applicants are unable to request a specific limit, and Mastercard determines the account’s credit limit based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
What kind of credit do you need to qualify for the Mastercard® Titanium Card™?
You’ll need to have excellent credit in order to be eligible for this credit card. If you don’t think your credit is high enough, work on improving it before you apply.
How much does the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ weigh?
Is the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ annual fee worth it?
Whether the $195 annual fee is worth it depends on your unique spending and travel habits. If you plan on charging all your expenses on this card, fly frequently, and commit to regularly booking airfare through the rewards program, the fee might be worth it.
However, make sure you’re also comparing rewards programs from other competitors so you find the best option. Other cards offer more points per dollar spent, more flexible redemption options, and lower annual fees, so take those factors into account before making your decision.
Other cards to consider
Although the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ may offer decent travel benefits, it’s far from the top-of-the-line travel perks offered by other credit cards.
The next tier up from this card is the Mastercard® Black Card™. Although this card’s annual fee is steep by comparison ($495), it buys you a suite of travel benefits, including a $100 annual airline credit, TSA PreCheck or Global Entry reimbursement (valued up to $100), and access to Priority Pass Select lounges.
If you’re looking to spend less on your next card’s annual fee, the Chase Sapphire Preferred may be a good fit. It offers similar travel benefits compared to the Mastercard® Titanium Card™ and has a higher points-earning rate — but for a $95 annual fee. It currently also offers a generous sign-up bonus: Earn 60,000 points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Mastercard® Titanium Card™
Mastercard® Titanium Card™
24/7 concierge service
See how these cards compare:
Mastercard® Black Card™
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers
- Redeem points for travel or cash back
- Annual $100 airline fees credit
- No foreign transaction fees
Chase Sapphire Preferred
- 60,000 point sign-up bonus
- 2X points on eligible dining and travel purchases
- 25% more value when redeeming rewards for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Premium travel protection benefits