If you’ve ever tried comparing hotel rates to find the best price, you’ve probably noticed rates change almost daily. Tracking rates over a given week can be time consuming, and most travelers don’t realize that, on average, 40% of all hotel reservations have a price drop after the first reservation is made.
A free service called Pruvo ensures you never overpay for a hotel again. Here’s a quick look at how it works and how much you could save by using Pruvo.
What is Pruvo?
Pruvo is a free service that sends you price alerts on hotel bookings you've already made. If the price of the room drops after you book, you can re-book and save money. As long as you’ve booked a room that has a free cancellation policy using a website like Expedia, Booking.com and other travel booking engines, or directly through the hotel’s website, you are eligible for rebooking at a lower rate if the price changes.
Pruvo monitors prices 24/7, and there’s no sign up or credit card required. Whenever you book a room and share your hotel reservation with Pruvo, they will track your reservation and let you know if you can rebook to save some money.
How much can I save with Pruvo?
The amount you can save with Pruvo varies by hotel booking and season. With Pruvo, you could save an average of $60 off hotel reservations made on any booking site or travel agency website.
How to use Pruvo to avoid overpaying for a hotel room
The great thing about Pruvo is you don’t have to create an account or log in to take advantage of Pruvo’s benefits. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to using Pruvo so you can avoid overpaying for your next hotel booking.
- Make a hotel reservation. Book a hotel room (with free cancellation) directly through the hotel's website, through a third-party site like Expedia, or with an online travel agency. As long as your booking has a free cancellation policy, it will be eligible for a Pruvo review.
- Forward your email confirmation. Forward your hotel reservation (the email you receive after your reservation is made) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and Pruvo will begin monitoring your hotel room for price drops.
- Get a better price. If Pruvo finds a lower price on the same hotel room before your stay, they will notify you via email immediately.
- Rebook at the lower rate. Pruvo will give you detailed instructions on how to book another room at the new lower rate, then cancel your higher-priced reservation
- Enjoy your savings! There are no extra fees or charges involved with changing your reservation with Pruvo. Pruvo takes care of all the details so all you have to do is follow the confirmation instructions.
FAQS about using Pruvo
How much does Pruvo cost?
Pruvo is 100% free.
This sounds too good to be true. How does Pruvo make money?
Pruvo is an official partner of all major hotel room providers. Since they are an affiliate, they earn a commission from these websites. They don’t charge any fees to the users because they are paid through their partners.
Can I still earn points through the hotel’s loyalty program?
Your booking may not be eligible for loyalty program benefits because you booked through a third-party website. However, you can still wind up saving money when Pruvo finds a better rate and you end up rebooking at a lower rate. But anytime you book with one of the best travel credit cards, you could be eligible for rewards. So, it's worth it to investigate these offers.
How often do hotel prices change?
Room rates can change as quickly as the minute or hour because the hotel’s available rooms, or inventory, is always changing. When more people start booking a room, the hotel can charge more to meet the demand. When demand drops, hotels tend to drop prices to fill their rooms as quickly as possible.
Ready to give Pruvo a try?
Pruvo is a convenient service for anyone looking to save money on hotel bookings. Whether you’re a frequent traveler or go on vacation once a year, you could save an average of $60 per reservation or only pay up to 72% of the original booking price just by using Pruvo.
If you’ve made a hotel reservation recently and want to try it out for yourself, simply email your reservation details to email@example.com, and Pruvo will start monitoring hotel rates for you immediately. The service is completely free and could help you save money on your next trip.
Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards
- Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Apply Now
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire.
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
- 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 17.99% - 27.99% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee applies to all balance transfers.
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.
on Bank of America’s secure websiteRead Card Review
Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
Why we like it