The goal of The Credit Pros is to help you improve your credit score, and there are three program levels you can choose from. Services provided can include credit-builder loans, letters to creditors, and more.
Each of these programs comes at a cost, with the highest-priced plan costing almost $300 for the first month and $149 per month after that. The lowest-priced plan is about $190 for the first month and $69 per month after that. That said, the lowest-priced plan has very limited services, and some might find the higher-priced plans cost-prohibitive.
This Credit Pros review will help you to determine if this credit-building service is right for you.
- Key takeaways
- The Credit Pros plan basics
- An overview of The Credit Pros
- What credit repair services does The Credit Pros offer?
- What we like about The Credit Pros
- What we don't like
- What The Credit Pros customers are saying
- The Credit Pros customer service
- FAQs about The Credit Pros
- The Credit Pros: bottom line
- The Credit Pros helps you monitor your credit.
- You can also create a budget and get identity theft monitoring.
- Costs start at $69 per month.
- You will also pay an additional work fee between $119 and $149 for your first month.
The Credit Pros plan basics
|Plan name||Services included||Price (as of May 3, 2023)|
||$119 first work fee
$69 per month
||$119 first work fee
$119 per month
||$149 first work fee
$149 per month
An overview of The Credit Pros
The Credit Pros is a credit repair company founded in 2009 by Jason M. Kaplan and Damon DeCrescenzo. Kaplan is an attorney and remains the company's President, while DeCrescenzo is the current CEO. Since its founding, the company has worked with more than 250,000 customers.
What credit repair services does The Credit Pros offer?
Credit Pros has three different levels of credit repair plans. Here's what you can expect with each program.
Money Management plan
Money Management is the entry-level plan offered by The Credit Pros. It offers the following services:
- A copy of your credit report and score from one credit bureau: There are three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). All three collect data on your borrowing history and assign you a credit score. The Credit Pros shows you the data from one of these bureaus with this plan.
- Monitoring of the dark web: The dark web is part of the internet not indexed by search engines. It's a place where criminals can exchange information, such as stolen passwords and credit card numbers. The Credit Pros will monitor the dark web with its ID Cover program to alert you if your information appears there.
- TransUnion alerts: These alerts will let you know if certain things happen with your TransUnion credit file, such as a new inquiry in your name (which could suggest someone is applying for credit with your personal information).
- Real-time account syncing and bill reminders: Both of these features could help you keep tabs on your spending and help you pay your bills on time.
- Budgeting systems: These systems can help you get your spending under control to pay your bills on time and avoid late charges or delinquencies that can hurt your credit.
You'll get these services for $69 per month plus a first-work fee of $119. But the help you actually receive is limited since this plan doesn't include things like challenging inaccurate information on your credit report.
Some of these things you can also take care of by yourself and for free, like getting a copy of your credit report. You can get free copies from all three bureaus at AnnualCreditReport.com rather than just the one-bureau report that The Credit Pros offers with this service.
The Prosperity plan offers everything in the Money Management plan plus these additional services:
- Credit bureau challenges: The Credit Pros will challenge negative items in your credit history and try to get them removed.
- Creditor interventions: The Credit Pros will intervene to assist in handling issues with creditors. This could include sending a goodwill letter asking the creditor if they will voluntarily agree to remove negative information from your credit record, even if it is accurate.
- Cease and desist letters: Cease and desist letters can be sent to collection agencies to ask them to stop engaging in behavior that is a violation of your consumer rights.
You will pay $119 per month for this service plus a $119 first-work fee. This program level does offer more direct assistance in trying to improve your credit through interventions and challenges. Therefore, the higher cost may be worth it over the Money Management plan if you have negative information on your credit report that you want removed.
But, remember, you usually cannot get legitimate information deleted from your credit record. And you don't necessarily need a credit repair service to remove inaccuracies as you can request the credit bureaus do this online yourself with Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
Success Plus plan
The Success package offers all the features of the other two programs and adds in a credit-builder loan as well as access to credit reports and scores from all three credit bureaus. A credit-builder loan is a special loan to help you improve your credit as the payments you make are reported to the credit reporting agencies.
You will pay more to access a credit-builder loan as this plan has a monthly fee of $149 per month along with a $149 first-work fee. You may also be able to qualify for credit-builder loans from credit unions without incurring all these extra costs.
What we like about The Credit Pros
- The Credit Pros offers a full-featured, highly rated mobile app. You can easily manage your account on the go with the Credit Pros app. You'll be able to see your accounts at a glance, monitor your credit score right from the app, and check your credit repair progress with easy-to-read charts. The app received 4.6 out of 5 stars in almost 300 ratings on the iOS App Store, with many people touting its user-friendly interface.
- It has an excellent customer service rating. The Credit Pros received a 4- out of a 5-star rating from customers who left reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, and it also has an A+ rating with the BBB and no consumer complaints with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- The Credit Pros has straightforward pricing. The Credit Pros has a chart on its website so you can see exactly what your monthly costs would be with different plans and compare the services they offer. This makes it easy to see which plan is right for you.
- It offers a money-back guarantee. The Credit Pros offers a 90-day money-back guarantee on its two higher-priced plans. You can also receive a full refund if you cancel your agreement with The Credit Pros within five days of signing up.
What we don't like
- The services are relatively expensive. You'll have to pay over $100 a month for plans that offer the most common types of credit-repair services, such as credit report disputes.
- The entry-level plan offers little benefit. With no creditor contact and a report from only one credit reporting agency, you are getting very little for your money with the entry-level plan.
What The Credit Pros customers are saying
In many cases, credit repair companies get poor reviews because there are some scammers within this industry. The Credit Pros credit repair stands apart from many competitors who have largely displeased customers.
The company has a 4- out of 5-star rating with the Better Business Bureau based on an average of more than 100 customer reviews. It also has an A+ BBB rating and no complaints in the database of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. It also has generally positive reviews on Trustpilot, with 4.6 out of 5 stars averaging from more than 300 reviews. This suggests it does what it promises and leaves most consumers satisfied with its services.
The Credit Pros customer service
You can call The Credit Pros at 800-411-3050 on Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM. Or you can email email@example.com at any time. There is also an online chat option, client portal, and mobile app available for both Android and iOS devices.
FAQs about The Credit Pros
Is The Credit Pros a real company?
The Credit Pros is a real company. It has been in business since 2009 when it was founded by two people who are still involved with its operations. One of the founders is an attorney. More than 250,000 customers have received services through The Credit Pros, and the company has received good reviews from the Better Business Bureau, earning a 4- out of a 5-star rating.
How do I know if a credit repair company is legit?
There are certain red flags that suggest a credit repair company is a scam. Examples include pressure to pay upfront fees, false promises (like the guaranteed removal of negative information from your credit report), and a refusal to explain your rights. A legitimate credit repair company will not do these things and will offer transparent pricing and upfront information about services. A legitimate company also will not make promises that sound too good to be true.
What is the best credit repair site?
The best credit repair site depends on your goals. You should compare both services and pricing when deciding which site is best. For example, find out if there are different service tiers, what the base cost for each is, and whether or not each tier of services includes things like three-bureau credit monitoring and unlimited disputes with creditors.
The Credit Pros: bottom line
Working with a credit repair company like The Credit Pros could be helpful if you need assistance improving your credit and don't know where to start. But you can take many steps to repair your credit on your own if you do a little bit of research into how to manage your money.
Disclaimer: All rates and fees are accurate as of May 3, 2023.
The Credit Pros Benefits
- Free consultations with no obligation to sign-up
- Affordable pricing and no long-term contracts
- 100% 90-day money-back guarantee